Advice Needed

Need advice guys shooting with a hw95K 177 love it and will never sell it.Its time for me to invest in a PCP got more time and two perms now. one large stable ratting perm and a very good size 3 field arable farm. At the moment i shoot rats,squirell, woodys and corvids.The advice i need is 177 or 22 for pcp. my heart says 177.All advice appreciated!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Defector, good post   I`m not for one second going to try and tell the lads on here how to suck an egg as this is "each to their own". I have shot .22 since t

Not a patch on mine twat3

You only use 177 because your a tight c*nt and dont want to pay the extra for 22 pellets :yes:

Posted Images

If it helps you I have both .177 and .22 hw100 and they are both as good as each other so go with the .177 if that's what you are used to using and don't look back just settle down and have fun using it. There are that many people using them so why not.

Some people are 22 guys and would not have it any other way that don't mean the 177 is no good.

I always go with my gut feeling.

• Like 2

:hmm: Hi Defector, good post :good:

I`m not for one second going to try and tell the lads on here how to suck an egg as this is "each to their own".

I have shot .22 since the early 1970`s right through to 2012, ( all springers ) and bought my first pcp after much research, trying out and experienced guidance from the lads at my ranges.

I bought the HW 100 kt .177 and find this rifle and calibre combination so lethal to small game that i can`t see myself changing back to .22 "EVER"

I am a "Reformed air gunner" to say the least,- go .177 by a country mile.

Good luck with your decision.

• Like 4

I`m not for one second going to try and tell the lads on here how to suck an egg as this is "each to their own".

I have shot .22 since the early 1970`s right through to 2012, ( all springers ) and bought my first pcp after much research, trying out and experienced guidance from the lads at my ranges.

I bought the HW 100 kt .177 and find this rifle and calibre combination so lethal to small game that i can`t see myself changing back to .22 "EVER"

Well Mark I got the 100 fsb sporter in .177 and love it. I have a hw89 in .177 which I was using tonight and the pellets go where you tell them to go and I like shooting .177 but at 50 pluss I am a twenty two man at heart. The hw77 22 thud and the hw100 kt silent thud and I just love it but it could all just be in my mind and would never try to get some one to have a twenty two in a 100 they would have to want one. I think twenty two is that bit sweeter to shoot in springers, kind of lazy creamy shooters.

• Like 1

I swear you copy and paste that into every post about getting a 177 :D

Back to the post, what PCP are you thinking of getting... Not that I need ask, and just out of interest :)

• Like 2

Mark you go on and on about 177 but have you even try,d a 22 hw100

Or is the cal to big for you :laugh:

Just go for what you feel is right at the end of the day its you behind the rifle not us and personal preference will all ways come into the advice given one way or the other

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

But 22 is best :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes Mac i own a HW 100 ks .22 for nearly 3 yrs.

It lives in my cabinet and hardly gets out as the .177`s "keep it on the bench" so to speak. (3rd choice)

Again though - "Each to their own" :whistling:

You only use 177 because your a tight c*nt and dont want to pay the extra for 22 pellets :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 3