Unexpected Dig This Morn

Ha good story sounds like yous had an eventfull day.the guy that owend the russels does he be at the game or are they just a pair that goes to ground themself?

There pets and belong to a woman but they keep going awol everytime she lets them out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were out this morn for a dig local to me.My diging partner and his mate arrived with me around 9 and after a cuppa we set of for the area we planned to work.The 1st earth we tried i collared up mt

Were you tempted to swap terriers Fatman, LOL. Yer one would get some shock if she looked into her yard and seen two black ones, LOL. It's good to see that not all pet dogs have lost the instinct. Y

when we were kids not that long ago we would go on the ratch with out few dogs and 2 russles that wonderd the estate and could be lured away as well a a couple of dog we would borrow from various men

Ha good story sounds like yous had an eventfull day.the guy that owend the russels does he be at the game or are they just a pair that goes to ground themself?

There pets and belong to a woman but they keep going awol everytime she lets them out.
wel that at least i thought it was some clown that was into the game just letting his dogs run around the country

Were you tempted to swap terriers Fatman, LOL. Yer one would get some shock if she looked into her yard and seen two black ones, LOL.

It's good to see that not all pet dogs have lost the instinct.

Years ago it wasn't that uncommon for working terriers to ramble and many's a terrier was took out on a Sunday morning still bearing the wear and tear it took on Saturday while doing it's own nixer.

There used to be a lad a few mile from me with some great earths near the back of his house and more than a few times I'd be walking to the earths and I'd see his lurcher standing on the earth with his head cocked to the side listening to the terrier working.

The quarry in that area were NEVER easy to dig. They seen terriers nearly on a daily basis.

• Like 4

Were you tempted to swap terriers Fatman, LOL. Yer one would get some shock if she looked into her yard and seen two black ones, LOL.

Years ago it wasn't that uncommon for working terriers to ramble and many's a terrier was took out on a Sunday morning still bearing the wear and tear it took on Saturday while doing it's own nixer.

There used to be a lad a few mile from me with some great earths near the back of his house and more than a few times I'd be walking to the earths and I'd see his lurcher standing on the earth with his head cocked to the side listening to the terrier working.

The quarry in that area were NEVER easy to dig. They seen terriers nearly on a daily basis.

laughing as that's how it was here also, street jack Russell's did a fair bit, tough little buggers
  • Like 2

Good do fatman .Did i read right you were digging in a graveyard

Yes FD a graveyard,lol.The graveyard is an old spot from the time of the English landlords over here.The estate is 2200 acres but the graveyard is in the middle of a huge tillage field,several graves in it and also a tomb,all people buried in it ar of the same surname si it was a family place,we get 2-3 digs there each season.

• Like 1

nice one fat man, imagine you hadn't heard them and tipped a dog in !!!

I dread to think what the outcome would have been but when we got the russells out and away up the field we entered a bitch of mine and dug her about 20yds away from where we dug the russells and she was with the quarry.

when we were kids not that long ago we would go on the ratch with out few dogs and 2 russles that wonderd the estate and could be lured away as well a a couple of dog we would borrow from various men about the spot...some good times we had too but half the "pack" would feck off home at some stage and we would be left with our two :laugh: i quite like to see a dog roaming about the estate it kinda brings back memories,,, my lurcher will do it now and them but he knows his way home and every one knows who he belongs too...and no one can catch him :yes:

• Like 3

Your lurcher roaming PK reminds me of two lurchers I had when I was young. Windy and Blue they were called and I use to let them out for an hour every morning before I'd go to school. They were proper old fashioned pot fillers and Windy often brought rabbits home.

Anyway, one morning I went to put them in and the two of them were sitting on the patio out back looking all guilty. Plus they were covered in blood.

I looked them over and they fine, bloody but fine.

Anyways, my brother was at primary school at the time and that morning the teacher asked the class had anyone their news from the weekend.

One girl stood up and said that she had news. She pointed at my brother and screamed "My news is that his brothers dogs killed my cat."

• Like 1

Your lurcher roaming PK reminds me of two lurchers I had when I was young. Windy and Blue they were called and I use to let them out for an hour every morning before I'd go to school. They were proper old fashioned pot fillers and Windy often brought rabbits home.

Anyway, one morning I went to put them in and the two of them were sitting on the patio out back looking all guilty. Plus they were covered in blood.

I looked them over and they fine, bloody but fine.

Anyways, my brother was at primary school at the time and that morning the teacher asked the class had anyone their news from the weekend.

One girl stood up and said that she had news. She pointed at my brother and screamed "My news is that his brothers dogs killed my cat."

well theirs few stories about the terriers treeing cats.... :whistling:

thier was a woman 2 roads away got all arsey about the lurcher wandering about, but she has a handfull of cats that very often come INTO our house and steal our cats food (mothers cats...fecking things) so i asked he how is it ok for her pets to do this and not ok fo rmine to walk about the spot doing ts own thing? she says " well cats are cats"........yes love and cat flaps have a one way lock on them

Edited by perthshire keeper
  • Like 1