Unexpected Dig This Morn

We were out this morn for a dig local to me.My diging partner and his mate arrived with me around 9 and after a cuppa we set of for the area we planned to work.The 1st earth we tried i collared up mt little black bitch FIZZ and she was away with the lurcher giving us a good mark.This earth is a rangey spot but not deep and after about 20min we got a steady mark at 1mtr so down we went and broke in with Fizz well in control,tided up there and on to next place.This is a graveyard in the middle of a big tillage field in an estate that holds 2 earths with another just outside the graveyard in the flat field.My mate reached the earths 1st and by the way he was listening and reacting i could see all was not well.When i entered the graveyard my mate informed me that there was already a terrier if not 2 in the earth,i laughed and told him he was mad but when i reached the earth the terriers could be heard plainly sounding away and not another person to be seen only ourselves.We ear marked the spot they were in and dug down to reveal 2 jack russells,1 little white dog with a black spot on its back and 1 brown n white bitch,old by the look of her.We lifted both out and let them down on the field and they were away and gone up the field along a ditch.We then noticed that the lurcher was marking at the fer end of the earth so we collared up Kizzy,sister to Fizz and after about 10 min she could was at a steady 1.2 so down to her where she had a good hold,tided up there and away again,still talking about the 2 russells and wondering the f**k who owned them.We done another earth on the other side of the estate where we had another handy dig to Fizz and then called it a day.I found out this eve who the russells belong to and they were about 2 mile away from home and are known for disappearing for days at a time,lol was funny at the time though.

• Like 13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were out this morn for a dig local to me.My diging partner and his mate arrived with me around 9 and after a cuppa we set of for the area we planned to work.The 1st earth we tried i collared up mt

Were you tempted to swap terriers Fatman, LOL. Yer one would get some shock if she looked into her yard and seen two black ones, LOL. It's good to see that not all pet dogs have lost the instinct. Y

when we were kids not that long ago we would go on the ratch with out few dogs and 2 russles that wonderd the estate and could be lured away as well a a couple of dog we would borrow from various men