Fac Air Rifle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you just put in for fac air or have you got to put in for your fac then add a fac air rifle   As iv been thinking of getting an fac air rifle   im not botherd about rim fires and such just air

Sorry guys, I should explain. I got some info from another forum which I have passed on to Mac and David, the only reason for not posting on open forum was that the writer who did it for another forum

Yes it is, you clearly do not know what you are talking about sir, a caution counts as a conviction, and must be put down on application or renewal, as must even an absolute discharge, but hey what do

I thought the only DBS check you could get for yourself was the Basic one which doesn't show spent stuff on there.

My understanding is that disclosure is dependent on job environment, work with children and so on. Again my understanding is that all convictions are still on record somewhere and are available to police, security services and such.

My be wrong but spent convictions have a habit of turning up.

I thought the only DBS check you could get for yourself was the Basic one which doesn't show spent stuff on there.

My understanding is that disclosure is dependent on job environment, work with children and so on. Again my understanding is that all convictions are still on record somewhere and are available to police, security services and such.

I have to get checks for people at my work. We only get the basic ones which are just like a certificate with (hopefully) nothing on it. If there's anything iffy on it, we go for the full one. Mac wanted it to know what he had/hadn't done the past and a basic wouldn't tell him that. The FEO will know EVERYTHING though. :thumbs:

No such thing as spent convictions as far as firearms are concerned. And rightly so IMO.

Basic DBS checks will only show current convictions etc. A caution is not a conviction and is spent after two years. An enhanced DBS check will show everything on it and is designed for people who work with children vulnerable people or need an enhanced level of security for their job.

Check the statutes of limitations on offences this will tell you if it needs to be declared. Just put on it that you had convictions xxx long ago they will automatically check the police national computer anyway and when they grant you a FAC you'll have a PNC record generated as a matter of course so they know that your a FAC holder. This is to show you can lawfully possess firearms and that when carrying them in they know potentially you have a firearm in the vehicle. This negates officers seizing firearms u Gil they can verify your lawfully in possession of them and ruining a shooting session.

I have to get checks for people at my work. We only get the basic ones which are just like a certificate with (hopefully) nothing on it. If there's anything iffy on it, we go for the full one. Mac wanted it to know what he had/hadn't done the past and a basic wouldn't tell him that. The FEO will know EVERYTHING though. :thumbs:

No such thing as spent convictions as far as firearms are concerned. And rightly so IMO.

Correct, I worked full time for a charity for over Twelve Years, all staff and volunteers had to have the old CRB check, all had to have children related offences as part of the CRB disclosure, as work with children in the building was part of the charitable status. Those of us who also had accesses to revenue generated from donations and cash in other words accesses to money, theft and fraud was also part of the check criteria.

I am a Millwall supporter and had a string of convictions in the 1970s for violence, was disclosed by myself before asked when I applied for the job in 1995, I am confident that it was asked for as a routine for all staff and volunteers, and shown on the CRB check at that time spent or not.

100% to that.

All the best

• Like 1

Basic DBS checks will only show current convictions etc. A caution is not a conviction and is spent after two years. An enhanced DBS check will show everything on it and is designed for people who work with children vulnerable people or need an enhanced level of security for their job.

Check the statutes of limitations on offences this will tell you if it needs to be declared. Just put on it that you had convictions xxx long ago they will automatically check the police national computer anyway and when they grant you a FAC you'll have a PNC record generated as a matter of course so they know that your a FAC holder. This is to show you can lawfully possess firearms and that when carrying them in they know potentially you have a firearm in the vehicle. This negates officers seizing firearms u Gil they can verify your lawfully in possession of them and ruining a shooting session.

Did not see your post.

All the best

If you are referring to spent convictions, they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders act 1974, but this is specifically excluded by Firearms Acts. Otherwise the lifetime ban for anyone who has been sentenced to more than 3 years wouldn't/couldn't apply.

For purposes of the Firearms Acts there is no such thing as a spent conviction. You must include all convictions, including ALL motoring offences except fixed penalty and parking tickets, whether still recorded on your driving licence or otherwise - whether in Britain or abroad. Informal Cautions do not need to be mentioned, but formal written cautions and conditional or absolute discharges do.

Of course you could omit what you like from your application, but it won't look good on the eyes of the FEO.

If you are referring to spent convictions, they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders act 1974, but this is specifically excluded by Firearms Acts. Otherwise the lifetime ban for anyone who has been sentenced to more than 3 years wouldn't/couldn't apply.

For purposes of the Firearms Acts there is no such thing as a spent conviction. You must include all convictions, including ALL motoring offences except fixed penalty and parking tickets, whether still recorded on your driving licence or otherwise - whether in Britain or abroad. Informal Cautions do not need to be mentioned, but formal written cautions and conditional or absolute discharges do.

Of course you could omit what you like from your application, but it won't look good on the eyes of the FEO.

May be useful

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/299916/rehabilitation-of-offenders-guidance.pdf

All the best

Iv had crb checks done in the past when i used to drive taxis had to have one every year

and i still got my bages

Ill give it a go any way and may as well go for my sgc as well

thanks lads for all the info

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1