Scrawny Desert Dawg...

That Pom reminds me off growing up goin out with ma old man he used to take ma mums Yorkist with us George he was a bigger type he was a great wee busher and ferreter. Used to try an bite u if u touched his rabbit lol he hated everyone until he seen the hunting clothes he slept on the clothes so he couldn't be left lol

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well our Mario is now 13 weeks & 3 days old,touch wood is a 100% house trained having not done a thing in the house for getting on a fortnight now which is pleasing to say the least,loves his scra

She's a 9 year old Pomeranian mate,great little hunter,those that have seen her could vouch for that ?  

What a cracking looking pup and out in the fields and fells learning his trade just as it should be ... They won't learn piss all staring at a mesh panel ........

Excellent pup that. Superb condition and brought on the best way. Out and about! Not sat in a kennel till 12 months and expecting the best. Good luck mate

If it fails I will probably get the "you had it out in the fields,in the water,jumping to soon,up the fells to early" bollox mate haha..we will just do as we have always done..if he don't make it imo he was never going to whether he sat in a kennel for 12 months or was getting educated and learning some fieldcraft from early doors..there are NO guarantees as we know buddy ?
Nail on the head mate. Best of luck with him, not that you will need it.

Pup is coming on well andy best thing for them been out n about in all environments , mine learnt to shop lift today ?? little twat walked out with a breakfast bar in his gob must of picked it up from the front of the till lol

I bet you pinched it off the dog and ate it though lmao ??

What a cracking pup. :thumbs:

I 'm surprised you had him among sheep without a check lead. Maybe I'm a control freak but I always work on the principle of not letting bad habits develop so would have a check lead on him just in case the sheep suddenly take off and the pup would excitedly follow.

However you obviously have a different method which has worked for you over the years. Just to satisfy my curiosity---what would you have done if he took off after mutton?

Pup is coming on well andy best thing for them been out n about in all environments , mine learnt to shop lift today ?? little twat walked out with a breakfast bar in his gob must of picked it up from the front of the till lol

I bet you pinched it off the dog and ate it though lmao ??
i done the proper thing and went back in and showed him where the beer and steaks where ??
  • Like 5

I 'm surprised you had him among sheep without a check lead. Maybe I'm a control freak but I always work on the principle of not letting bad habits develop so would have a check lead on him just in case the sheep suddenly take off and the pup would excitedly follow.

However you obviously have a different method which has worked for you over the years. Just to satisfy my curiosity---what would you have done if he took off after mutton?

I've seen lads use check leads many times over the years and what I've found is the 1st instance they let them off the leash they instinctively chase them even just in curiosity..I've had this boy in with them since he was 5 weeks and 5 days old,he sees them as part of the furniture so to speak,he ain't bothered a hoot by them mate,he would chase a leaf blowing across the field and through them without giving them a glance,I'm not doubting at some stage when his instinct to chase becomes stronger he may want to have a leg stretch on one but hopefully by then his recall will be 100% and I will be able to leash him up before he decides to take off in pursuit,at that stage of his upbringing I will just avoid the sheep for a while as I know the groundwork and foundations are set,that faze will pass if it ever comes and he will not bother once again showing any interest in the woolies,he will have other things on his radar by then anyways ? ..hopefully having a few sensible mutts around him who have no interest in them will help too ??

• Like 2

Got the mint sauce oot

Cracking pup that mate, my theory same get out as soon as you can with them that's were they going to work not in pen or garden, steve2507 your pup bred in Liverpool ? Lol atb Flacko

lol just read that properly if he was it would be the till lmao Edited by steve2507