Time For Reflection

Seems a lot of terrierlads out there are jealous if you are a nobody with better dogs than them,I stay away from horse and hound brigade with their box dogs most are f***ing plums I wouldn't trust to dig a flowerbed,and every hunt has a know it all clown,if I'm honest I don't like people.lol.atb dc

• Like 4

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukcing behave saville ..........

The trick with trust is slowly .i like to chat to a lad for sometime before taking them out .Until i get the measure i let them do the talking whereby i can judge them better as most lads love to talk

As a beginner with terriers I have been very fortunate to be able to dig with and ask advise from some very good dogmen that I have only met through thl. I think that if some of the billy big balls ty

Seems a lot of terrierlads out there are jealous if you are a nobody with better dogs than them,I stay away from horse and hound brigade with their box dogs most are f***ing plums I wouldn't trust to dig a flowerbed,and every hunt has a know it all clown,if I'm honest I don't like people.lol.atb dc

why let it bother you sir, just accept it will be part of the working terrier scene, and carry on digging and working the dogs the best you can
  • Like 3

DC more or less got it right the more your willing the more ya get f****d over iv had certain lads come to this yard looking ta buy this that and the other i dont sell so i put them on to the people that would sort them out then when they do get what there looking for they decide to tell tales and stir shit f***ing snakes in south kilkenny ye who ye are pricks.

• Like 3

Unlike

Daniel cain

Today, 10:22 AM

I've helped a few lads out with dogs over the years,shared my digging perm only to be tucked up,others take you places to use your dogs in places they've never dug,or they've sold on my pups and lied to me,I'm yet to meet any f****r that don't tell porkies or chat shit behind my back,but like a sicker I still help people out.no fuckers ever offer to gift me f**k all,I payed my money and took my chances,and been lucky.bought dogs from big names only for them to deny they sold me a dog after they got in blucks book.lol f***ing unbelievable most couldn't lie straight in bed.the pricks out there that lie about breeding this site full of them and folk stuck up their bums.Is it to much to ask that folk just be straight with you?atb dc

Got to agree with Daniel on this one as the exact same thing has happend to me although not many times as I am more guarded,wary, cynical or maybe even a little paranoid. There is nothing worse than getting to an earth and finding it all dug up not back filled and the quarry left on top then speak to the farmer who tells you the lad you brought last time was there yesterday and I couldn't make it and it was alright for him to work the earth to top it off the dog he was using was out of my breeding.

• Like 5

The trick with trust is slowly .i like to chat to a lad for sometime before taking them out .Until i get the measure i let them do the talking whereby i can judge them better as most lads love to talk and tell the world what theyve done ,mention names and breeding .Took someone out off here a while back and was impressed tbh and will have him back here .Do the donkey work as you can rest assured thats how your mentor started.What dosnt sit well is a first chat followed by silence .If you are in touch with someone ,keep in touch otherwise the term getting used comes to mind .Ask questions but think about it first ,piss taking tends to follow a bad one .Its a shame we live in a country where we have to watch our backs and cant really talk about days out on here even though its all lawful terrierwork .What youngsters will find is that the older you get the less there is to prove and a 3 footer will do nicely .

• Like 10

why let it bother you sir, just accept it will be part of the working terrier scene, and carry on digging and working the dogs the best you can
it don't bother me I have never and won't ever ask anyone for f**k all that's the way I roll fella.I've always made own way in life.I know a few good lads but would never ask them for f**k all,I go out with them enjoy the craic that's it,they got theirs and I'm happy as f**k with mine.atb dc.
  • Like 3

It's extremely hard for someone like myself to get in to a good circle of people that work there dogs properly and act the same with not coming from a hunting background and know few if any really that work terriers but will get there eventually

All I knew till roughly a year ago was lurchers but through being honest Like I've said I've met and been introduced to some decent lads . Like foxdropper has said 3ft is good enough infact for me its blinding haha

• Like 1

Only way I learned was having a pup and getting out there as he worked his way through the quarry list. Stuck to easy spots starting out and progressed and learned together.

As for educating the public about terrier work you need to be of a certain mind set to appreciate what your little tyke does. As it tends to be the nitty gritty end of dog work

Like most I've started a few fellas, most have gone behind my back to my permission,some have really upset me by breeding behind my back, using my name for there own gain from blood that I've gifted them.

Most for me now are unable to get out of bed on a regular basis!!!

I'm fortunate to get out several times a week, I just drive bye now if their not ready.RELIABILITY IS EVERY THING.

Do i carry on!! on my own? but for how much longer? Knees are screwed! Tendenitis in my elbows, ah well. "Time waits for no man"

I see it finishing !!! FB idiots are doing half the job for the other side.

THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS ALONE!!

Before the trolls get going.

• Like 4

I seen em in everywere if i was tyson id b knockn every pric out , te lads i grew up with wud hav no dangr of tat , i just buckle down an hunt, it wat me an my dogs live for and it worth it , for the glory, te graft and notn tat can ever be better except have gud diggn men on hand an plenty money,

• Like 2

Like most I've started a few fellas, most have gone behind my back to my permission,some have really upset me by breeding behind my back, using my name for there own gain from blood that I've gifted them.

Most for me now are unable to get out of bed on a regular basis!!!

I'm fortunate to get out several times a week, I just drive bye now if their not ready.RELIABILITY IS EVERY THING.

Do i carry on!! on my own? but for how much longer? Knees are screwed! Tendenitis in my elbows, ah well. "Time waits for no man"

I see it finishing !!! FB idiots are doing half the job for the other side.

THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS ALONE!!

Before the trolls get going.

Your either very unlucky or theres just something about you people dont like .Maybe its yous the problem mate .Only an assumption based on this post .

Could be but lads, I've dug with since a kid still turn up on time, turn out in the rain, ASK before breeding my stuff! Etc. My daughter has more drive and ethics. Often tipping out at 3am for our trips,not a great digger but will back fill and is like Florence nightingale on a hard worked warrior.

• Like 2