Bang! Bang!

Different tools for different jobs. You wouldn't use a hammer to undo a bolt. Does that make a spanner a better tool than a hammer? No.

Is shooting sitting ducks sporting regardless of what you shoot them with? Again, no.

From BASC codes of practice:

Live quarry shooting

Many people shoot live quarry, either on their own land or where they have permission. The species which you can shoot are limited by the law and by the effective power of an air rifle.

All wild birds are protected, and although there are seasons when you can legally shoot game, and certain wildfowl, they are not suitable quarry for air rifles. However, as long as you are complying with firearms law, you can shoot certain pest bird species. These are covered by general licences which, in simple terms, mean you can shoot the birds listed, provided you have the landowner’s permission and provided you are doing it for one of the reasons allowed by the licence.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the

Airguns are awesome! and very good for hunting, as are shotguns. It's just a shame to hear shotguns been compared to them as less humane and less sporting - this is wrong and I dare say VERY naive. Bo

No matter what gun you use, some birds will end up pricked, some will get over it, and if I get a walk over after the shoot with the lurcher, some wont. I hear it all the time, big guns this, air g

Walshie, i`ve "undone many a bolt" with a hammer :yes: and spanners are "far better" with bolts than a hammer "you know" :yes:

Is shooting "sitting ducks" or "anything else sitting" sporting ? - with an air rifle and skills required to "get in range" oh yesssss !

Thank you for the BASC codes of practice.They are correct.

:good:

Walshie, i`ve "undone many a bolt" with a hammer :yes: and spanners are "far better" with bolts than a hammer "you know" :yes:

Is shooting "sitting ducks" or "anything else sitting" sporting ? - with an air rifle and skills required to "get in range" oh yesssss !

Undone many a bolt with a hammer? Just shows you are a cowboy! And also that you are a repetitive offender for using the wrong tool for the job tut tut. :laugh:

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the sport starts to blame each other lol.

a kingdom once divided cannot stand....

what is it with country sports? honestly

• Like 3

Undone many a bolt with a hammer? Just shows you are a cowboy! And also that you are a repetitive offender for using the wrong tool for the job tut tut. :laugh:

:boredom:

No matter what gun you use, some birds will end up pricked, some will get over it, and if I get a walk over after the shoot with the lurcher, some wont. :laugh: I hear it all the time, big guns this, air guns this. But when it comes down to it, the only thing that matters is the competence of the shooter. I've seen it all over the years, Deer with no bottom jaws due to botched head shots, endless foxes with a legs blown of with a shot guns, open wounds weeping like f**k, some shot with crossbows and the bolt sticking out the living animal, limping round fields, so lets not run away with the idea that more power full guns do a better job, because I find that's not the case.

• Like 4

In all fairness it's been a good thread to learn from, I know fook all about shotties but think I've learned a bit hear. But... I can't imagine how an airgun would be in humane, but perhaps the guidelines are based on shooting on the wing. For which I believe the airgun is not suitable.

Airguns are awesome! and very good for hunting, as are shotguns. It's just a shame to hear shotguns been compared to them as less humane and less sporting - this is wrong and I dare say VERY naive. Both have their place and neither should be looked down at by users of one or the other. Use them responsibly and respect our quarry we can keep wounding to a minimum. Our sport provides us with good healthy exercise and nice humane meat and where we know it's come from while at the same time helping to control pests - it's win win. Both types of guns are great for their intended purpose so chill and just enjoy your sport without mentioning the other in bad light, it's the last thing the sport needs.

• Like 5

Airguns are awesome! and very good for hunting, as are shotguns. It's just a shame to hear shotguns been compared to them as less humane and less sporting - this is wrong and I dare say VERY naive. Both have their place and neither should be looked down at by users of one or the other. Use them responsibly and respect our quarry we can keep wounding to a minimum. Our sport provides us with good healthy exercise and nice humane meat and where we know it's come from while at the same time helping to control pests - it's win win. Both types of guns are great for their intended purpose so chill and just enjoy your sport without mentioning the other in bad light, it's the last thing the sport needs.

:thumbs: nicely said that man

• Like 1

:thumbs: nicely said that man

Wow thank you :thumbs::laugh: