Patterdale X Greyhound

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've a million times more chance of getting a working Patt then a Bull,Wheaton,Irish or Bedlington and that's a FACT!! We have some Patts,fearless,granite,mute,no reverse EVER and great amongst kids

My young lad has been pestering me for a running dog for a while so I said I would get him something small ...he has proved to me that he is ready after seeing him work his spaniel . I have been look

Ive talked a lot with Bosun, about adding working terrier blood when I breed my small bitch in a year or two. This thread has gone off comparing bull type to earthdog blood. I dont really understand w

Posted Images

All this supposition, only way to find out is to try, if anyone knows where id get a decent greyhound bitch pm me I have access to some big strong game dogs that would suit

Yeah but are they 'deep game, dead game' or just game? :ninja:

• Like 3

All this supposition, only way to find out is to try, if anyone knows where id get a decent greyhound bitch pm me I have access to some big strong game dogs that would suit

Yeah but are they 'deep game, dead game' or just game? :ninja:

If they're dead game he might struggle a bit.....

Ive talked a lot with Bosun, about adding working terrier blood when I breed my small bitch in a year or two. This thread has gone off comparing bull type to earthdog blood. I dont really understand why its gone that way obviously if you want a big heavy type you aren't going to put earthdog blood in the mix. Im of the opinion that a nice leggy fell type put to a small lurcher could add nose coat and hunting drive that virtually nothing else could.

• Like 6

Ive talked a lot with Bosun, about adding working terrier blood when I breed my small bitch in a year or two. This thread has gone off comparing bull type to earthdog blood. I dont really understand why its gone that way obviously if you want a big heavy type you aren't going to put earthdog blood in the mix. Im of the opinion that a nice leggy fell type put to a small lurcher could add nose coat and hunting drive that virtually nothing else could.

That would be interesting to see, maybe like a beddy lurcher type, but with a more water resistant deerhound type harsh coat

a Wheaton or beddy could

Mixed views on this , after you've gone a couple of generations and stableised the litters in theory , why not . as said Wheaton's are used , and I think temperamets would be similar . but it would not have the desired effect in the first litter ... As I say mixed views but maybe a possibility .

I think I would keep what I wanted then knock the rest unless a few people were really interested in them, but like I say something for me to think about in the future
That would be the total opposite from what I would do I would put them all out to lads

that would test them ...then you would see if it was a successful breeding to pursue

Edited by MIK
  • Like 1