husky crosses

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hunter1983

I DONT THINK THAT HUSKY BLOOD WOULD DO VERY WELL UNDER STRESSED EXERSICE GIVEN THE MASSIVE TEMPRETURE DIIFFERENCE WHICH THEY ARE ACCUSTOMED TO IN THERE NORMAL WORKING ENVIROMENT. OVERHEATING, DEHYDRATION, I THINK YOU MIGHT END UP WITH A BLOWN UP DOG MATE.

In some places people cross bred husky and greyhound for competitive dog sled racing...prolly you will find pictures on the net...I don't think they are usefull dogs outside the cold, they are hairy and cannot cool like running dogs...

L

Have a think about Huskies. Pull sleds or rigs, NEVER ever run loose, they are in rescue for the most part because they are hyper, wound up animals that people cant control. Even in the arctic where these animals have always been worked, they are NEVER loose, never, always chained. They are bred to run, and thats what they do, they do NOT train well, they do NOT respond well, they are NOT an obedient dog. Why use one and expect it to be anything more than it is when crossed with a Greyhound?

i was thinking about dog crosses when the thought of a geryhound x husky entered my mind i think it would be a good cross

any thoughts or has anyone got one!

iv been thinking about breeding this cross for a number of years. never got around to it untill now. iv got a 27in greyhound bitch which i will be covering with a husky dog next week. theres a lot of negative thoughts off people about this cross. people who have never seen one let alone seen one work. iv spoken to a few people who have owned and worked them they all seem to be quite positive about the cross. only time will tell. all the best dai dogs

I've only had experience with Siberian huskys and everyone was a nightmare, intractable, difficult with stock and not a pleasure to own. As a a sled dog they are amazing but why add it to a lurcher mix, what could it offer that isn't already "out there"?

i was thinking about dog crosses when the thought of a geryhound x husky entered my mind i think it would be a good cross

iv been thinking about breeding this cross for a number of years. never got around to it untill now. iv got a 27in greyhound bitch which i will be covering with a husky dog next week. theres a lot of negative thoughts off people about this cross. people who have never seen one let alone seen one work. iv spoken to a few people who have owned and worked them they all seem to be quite positive about the cross. only time will tell. all the best dai dogs

Actually I have seen them work. I have a few friends that do the rigging and racing and also know people that have competed in the "Iditarod" A very close friend has been out to watch it a few times. What you must also consider it the probability that most of these puppies will be sold as pets (cant imagine many working folk wnating one) I hope you are willing to take them back if the nature of the Husky comes through and they have problems.

Actually I have seen them work. I have a few friends that do the rigging and racing and also know people that have competed in the "Iditarod" A very close friend has been out to watch it a few times. What you must also consider it the probability that most of these puppies will be sold as pets (cant imagine many working folk wnating one) I hope you are willing to take them back if the nature of the Husky comes through and they have problems.

iv got 5 orders for pups already all working homes.