Hard Mouth On A Dog.

i found that alot of bull xs especially out of the pye line were natural retrievers live to hand yet seen whippets crunch them to bits it boils down to what you accept and whether you sell them on some become hard mouthed by other dogs trying to snatch there catch

I've watched my mates big bullx from a pup, retrieves rabbits like a dream on the lamp, works with the ferrets.. but is not a rabbiting dog.. :thumbs:

theses were dogs that did what they were bred for kid and did it well and theses werent rabbit dogs just when they did pick one up it was lth :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive had nice soft mouthed retrievers, in the past. Now I’ve the worm has turned lol. I enjoy the dog working and the meats a by-product for me these days. To compare to stock worrying is a bit ove

My dogs will do everything and retrieve rabbits live to hand ... I have to have dogs that retrieve live to hand as when you are working in people's gardens and in public areas the majority of people w

I tried the old walk away from mine on lamp after about two fields and a bit of cat and mouse. I stop he stops type thing he came with in a couple of yards. Tried a second time again walked nearly bac

Posted Images

i found that alot of bull xs especially out of the pye line were natural retrievers live to hand yet seen whippets crunch them to bits it boils down to what you accept and whether you sell them on some become hard mouthed by other dogs trying to snatch there catch

I've watched my mates big bullx from a pup, retrieves rabbits like a dream on the lamp, works with the ferrets.. but is not a rabbiting dog.. :thumbs:

theses were dogs that did what they were bred for kid and did it well and theses werent rabbit dogs just when they did pick one up it was lth :thumbs:

I'll be honest mate this dog has been a real eye opener for me, he's a good experienced dog man and works them hard, this dog has been great to watch over the past 6 or so years.

Edited by NEWKID

I think most dogs will no [BANNED TEXT] to be hard mouthed on and what not. I personally expected a rabbit to be retrieved live to hand, nor punctured ready for pot! Can't stand seeing good game going to waste. If every rabbit I caught I was mince meat, it defeats the object for the me!

I like live to hand. As they all off to the butcher but i dont think its trainable. All my lurchers over the years have had good retrieve that i think is all in the training as not all have done it natural but they have all had various mouths so to speak. I think it preference to the dog.