obtaining FAC

just wondering about the rules on obtaining a FAC, have gathered that you normally need permission/written consent from land owner to shoot on their land, but am wondering if there are other reasons that would still give you reason to apply, without such consent

reason being, I work for a pest control firm, have my BPCA but as a night worker, the only shooting jobs i attend are air rifle only, in the future i would like to start my own buisness, and be able to advertise the removal of foxes, but presuming i would then need a FAC rated rifle to be able to do this properly

therefore could i obtain a FAC without writtern permission, but using my BPCA as an excuse for needing such rifle, if a job ever came along??

if that makes sense

cheers for any info

If your going to carry out the removel of foxes apply for your ticket & get a .243 with moderator on it, this may sound harsh but i dont think there will be a lot of money in getting rid of foxes as many people will do this for nothing but then i dont know if you are going to charge for that either way good luck if you do go into business :thumbs:

Edited by outshooting
just wondering about the rules on obtaining a FAC, have gathered that you normally need permission/written consent from land owner to shoot on their land, but am wondering if there are other reasons that would still give you reason to apply, without such consent

reason being, I work for a pest control firm, have my BPCA but as a night worker, the only shooting jobs i attend are air rifle only, in the future i would like to start my own buisness, and be able to advertise the removal of foxes, but presuming i would then need a FAC rated rifle to be able to do this properly

therefore could i obtain a FAC without writtern permission, but using my BPCA as an excuse for needing such rifle, if a job ever came along??

if that makes sense

cheers for any info

You do not need written permission for a FAC.

If you wish to put your job forward as a reason for a FAC you will have to show reason why you need it for your job. "You may want to start your own business sometime in the future" is not likely to get you a FAC.

You can of course join a rifle club and then potentially apply for a variation of use for "vermin control" at a later date. That will at least get you used to the tool and build up "background" for the police.

All Police regions look at this a bit differently so the best suggestion is to simply ask them.

Deker

(Don't quite understand the first line of outshooting post above)

Edited by Deker
edited just for you deker :thumbs:

If your going to carry out the removel of foxes why go for a fac you just aswell apply for your ticket & get a .243 with moderator on it

Thats the bit I don't understand....I think you will find he will need a FAC before anyone sells him a .243 (legally).

edited just for you deker :thumbs:

If your going to carry out the removel of foxes why go for a fac you just aswell apply for your ticket & get a .243 with moderator on it

Thats the bit I don't understand....I think you will find he will need a FAC before anyone sells him a .243 (legally).

My mistake Deker :doh:

i know a guy who a pest controler ,he got his fac on a open ticket becouse he was going to shoot fox ect in peoples back gardens ..which he does with the rimfire but has a 22.250 also ..he had no land at all to shot over ...just out of intrest to you guys he shoots the fox 4" behind the front leg with the rimmy and there dead on impact so he tells me ..

Edited by rob reynolds uk