Jack Russell Kc Registered

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? that's total boll*x. Money and working dogs has only caused so much grief in this game and added to the breeding of even more rubbish with lads trying to recoup the €450+ they spent on a Cull wit

There's a old fella on here who was terrier man for a pack for donkey's years who has some of his russell's KC'd(no i'm not saying who but he's openly stated this fact on here before),it hasn't affect

All of them?

Posted Images

KC wont affect the true working dogs at all because those that breed them will know what there looking for in a breeding partner.

in my opinion KC is a good organisation yes it is based mainly about showing dogs but it does do good to try and stop puppy farms and ill treatment of dogs.

Education about looking for a KC assured breeder only helps "non working" dog owners stay away from shady practices

Are you for real? The K.C. is a long running joke. The K.C. System, i.e. A closed system is not good for any breed of dog never mind workers and the various K.C. Orgs and their breed judges and following have distroyed breeds with trends and fashions? The Rev Russell himself walked away from the kennel club after being a founding member after he saw what it did to the fox terrier and kept on hunting with his jacks.... What does a working dog need a breed standard for? A working dog simply doesn't need a breed standard. Small enough to fit in a hole and stay there until dug too..... That's the standard a working dog man only needs. If we get a pretty one grand job, but it better bloody work and do its job. I don't mind working dog lads showing their trusted workers but shows should be a bit of craic and social gathering of like minded people. I can see the thoroughbred influence in many "workers" about working dogs shows with their bendy tails, weak backs and narrow skulls in the various types we have today. Sometimes I wonder how many really work their dogs at all? The fox terrier, border, sealyham, lakey have been ruined by the show fraternity, hence why the ugly Russell took over as the working dog and more recently fell types, red & black dogs with not a Breed standard in sight. Have a read of the attached links as they are worth a read......

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.ie/2015/10/jack-russells-at-kennel-clubs-tar-pit.html?m=1

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.ie/2015/10/the-kennel-clubs-transvestite-terriers.html?m=1

• Like 5

You can argue this till the sun comes up, you can say it's not the kennel club who breed the dogs and that its the breeders responseabillity. The truff is that every breed of dog has been ruined by the kc breed standard and the jack Russell is next.

Kc havent a clue they have to be this size that colour.. load of shite. Maybe people will still keep there own good working lines going which is what we want! All im saying is kc ruins breeds especially working ones simply by stipulating dogs must be this that or the other. Gamest to gamest in the terrier world was always the rule of thumb. It seems to go out of the window these days bt hey money ruins everything eh.

• Like 2

The price I made up was just a scenario of what papers would do and as for ur n s pups 500 pounds I would give them a miss thank you very much all the same same with them they don't go down a hole shouting you better watch out I was 5oo pounds as a pup and I'm n s bred dog which he probably wouldn't be is great aunt was probably n's bred any papers are not for me it's what they do at work

Kc havent a clue they have to be this size that colour.. load of shite. Maybe people will still keep there own good working lines going which is what we want! All im saying is kc ruins breeds especially working ones simply by stipulating dogs must be this that or the other. Gamest to gamest in the terrier world was always the rule of thumb. It seems to go out of the window these days bt hey money ruins everything eh.

Exactly that, it's the jack Russell in general, yes there will always be honest people, but the peddlers will out number them and the breed will suffer just like all the other working terriers! Edited by stevo79
  • Like 1

So why do gundog men actually register them with the K.C. at all? What is the KC doing for working springer's? I hear of field trials but I don't know much about them. The working foot beagle is a totally different animal than the useless show beagle, etc.

The issue in the future will be that show stock blood gets infused with working stock through the back door and a few fibs told about working dogs breeding. There was a time about 25-30 years ago and before when working lakelands where rough and ready types and plenty about. Certain breeders infused KC show Welsh and Show Lakeland with short coupled backs, bendy tails, weak heads and little sense to the working strains, why is anyones guess but the coin is most probably the sole reason. Since then the good old lakey has been in decline and trying to find a decent working lakey or border is like trying to find a unicorn. Some say they exist but I would want to see one to believe it.....

Look at the state of the Border terrier today. No disrespect to Border owners/workers, but the breed is in decline as a worker for years. Fair play to those who stick with the breed, but a closed KC system of breeding has the breed screwed as workers as the rosette takes higher priority. The simple answer for a working dog owner would be to cross a good working border with a strain of Red Fell, Black Dog or Working Lakey to get the old renowned border/lakey of the past or a simple "crossbred working" dog. But breed standards and paperwork gets in the way of the true usefulness of the animal which is work. Then certain peoples idea of what work actually is varies bordering on the ridiculous as the extract below of Border working trails states. Hilarious stuff but detrimental to the breeds ability.

In an ideal world IF working dogs had no monetary value then work would be the sole reason to own such an animal.......

Earthdog trials[edit]

Border Terriers have earned more American Kennel Club (AKC) Earthdog titles than any other terrier. An AKC earthdog test is not true hunting, but an artificial, non-competitive, exercise in which terriers enter 9 in (23 cm) wide smooth wooden tunnels, buried under-ground, with one or more turns in order to bark or scratch at caged rats that are safely housed behind wooden bars. The tests are conducted to determine that instinctive traits are preserved and developed, as the breed originators intended for the dogs to their work. While earthdog tests are not a close approximation of hunting, they are popular in the U.S. and in some European countries because even over-large Kennel Club breeds can negotiate the tunnels with ease, dogs can come to no harm while working, and no digging is required. Since Border Terriers are "essentially working terriers", many Border Terrier owners consider it important to test and develop their dogs' instinct. These tests also provide great satisfaction for the dogs. The American Working Terrier Association (AWTA) does conduct "trials"; where the dogs instincts are tested, and then judged to determine a "Best of Breed" Earthdog. These trials are also run similar as described below.

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 2

No. Not at all. A nice work like terrier is a bonus. Especially with no obvious KC influence. Some of the ugliest dogs I've had the pleasure of owning have been the best workers. I have owned real nice terriers too but the all "have to work" to stick around. I'm not interested in showing my dogs or rosettes or breed standards. Simple really, just work and I am quite particular what I put in to my terriers.
It's funny how the ugly ones that are good workers tend to grow on you and make me smile when I look at them.
Alli, I have seen your dogs posted on here before and I admired them as they were a nice stamp of worker. I just don't see what the kennel club has to offer in the world of the real working terrier?? Any benefits? None that I can think of anyway? Maybe I can be enlightened by others of such benefits?
Meant to add I never mentioned looks previously. Working ability or loss of it through kennel club influence is my concern.

Edited by Corkman