Jack Russell Kc Registered

Or for a tracable written pedigree (well if the breeders truthfull :thumbs: ),but not seen him on here for a little while but if he sees this and wants to say why he does then up to him but i can't answer for another man as it were mate .. :victory:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? that's total boll*x. Money and working dogs has only caused so much grief in this game and added to the breeding of even more rubbish with lads trying to recoup the €450+ they spent on a Cull wit

There's a old fella on here who was terrier man for a pack for donkey's years who has some of his russell's KC'd(no i'm not saying who but he's openly stated this fact on here before),it hasn't affect

All of them?

Posted Images

As I said in the other post Eddie Chapmans registered all his and they all work

I'd be very surprised if a regularly worked earth dog could get to crufts. I'm not saying working dogs will always carry much visible evidence of work, especially in summer..........but, wouldn't any mark, scar, broken or lost tooth eliminate a dog at that level?

• Like 1

As I said in the other post Eddie Chapmans registered all his and they all work

I'd be very surprised if a regularly worked earth dog could get to crufts. I'm not saying working dogs will always carry much visible evidence of work, especially in summer..........but, wouldn't any mark, scar, broken or lost tooth eliminate a dog at that level?

:yes: Yes they would...

How long have Border Collies been KC registered? Don't see it effecting the working types...

If there's a community of dedicated folk working and breeding any breed then the KC will have no effect on them.

Is ther a good community of folk breeding and working jack russles tho enough to to keep them out of trouble ?

Well that's the question isn't it? Looking at the working russel thread on here definitely gives me hope that the russel type has a solid following still :yes:

But if there isn't a big enough community of folk to keep the type alive then I wouldn't say that's the fault of the KC? More the fault of folk jumping ship to the coloured types.

• Like 2

How long have Border Collies been KC registered? Don't see it effecting the working types...

If there's a community of dedicated folk working and breeding any breed then the KC will have no effect on them.

It's a minority though, plus border collies are not as popular as the jacks.
  • Like 1

JMHO but a breed is in trouble as a working type when there's more being bred for show, money, pets and money than for work and IMO the JRT has been in trouble this few years as well as the Border.

Yes, I know that these breeds have their devoted owners who only have work at heart but if a novice was to come into the sport which type would he have a better chance of getting a worker, the JRT, the Border, the Lakeland or the Black ones ?

IMO breeding for work has always been about survival of the fittest in that lads using common sense will always go for the type that will give them a better chance of getting workers and doing the job in question.

Another thing I've noticed over the years about those who work Russells is that they tend to move the goalposts, a lot.

They'll tell you that you need bolters, killers, mixers and so on but IMO those who work black terriers tend to have a standard and stick to it.

Maybe it's just the lads I've bumped into but it's what I've observed.

I would say that the black terrier will also get K.C. recognition at some stage under the name Patterdale.

It has to happen but wont bother me one bit but I can't wait for the first time I'm asked are my terriers registered and when I say "No" they'll tell me they're not really Patterdales then.

You'll hear me laughing in the next county, LOL.

But as a worker I would think there'll always be good Russells because those who have them to heart don't get hung up on looks, money or images and tend to be proper hunting lads.

I wouldn't say the same about the Border though.

• Like 1