Generation Bred Collie Greyhounds And Rip Jess.

Very recently my worst nightmare came true and my faithful collie greyhound Jess died doing her job unexpectedly and tragically.

She was everything I looked for in a lurcher and I am heartbroken at her loss.

post-26232-0-16720400-1444477455_thumb.jpg

RIP jess.

Jess was out of a 10th generation collie greyhound bred by Kevin Rowlands.

It's with a heavy heart I'm now looking for a replacement for Jess but I just don't know where to start.

It's a real sickener mate, same thing happened to me almost 2 year ago with a dog i bred myself and i've never really gotten back into the game since. What about the lad who bred your dog would he not be able to find you something of similar breeding ?

definatly a huge sickener There is one or two of her line that I know of but any potential litters could be two years away.

do try and have a look at KPS,s litter, not straight collie grey, but i can tell You the sire, is line bred for more then 35 generations, i think, ( dont quote me on the exact number of years ) and a excellent worker!! :thumbs:

• Like 4

It's a real sickener mate, same thing happened to me almost 2 year ago with a dog i bred myself and i've never really gotten back into the game since. What about the lad who bred your dog would he not be able to find you something of similar breeding ?

definatly a huge sickener There is one or two of her line that I know of but any potential litters could be two years away.
That's the thing with people who breed to keep their own line going and for own use, there's not an endless supply of readily available pups, but if this line is what suits you most what can you do but wait. Keep your chin up mate

I'd deffinately have a look at kps litter if there is any spare , if I hadn't of just took a pup on I would of had one the sire is the real deal not sure on the bitch but sires owner wouldn't just chuck it over anything

Would someone be good enough to put a link on here. I've had a look and can't find . . .