Saluki Worth The Hassle

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most real dog men????   What the hel does that mean?,,,,if you mean the coursing lads out on the fens ,,,don't put them up on a pedastel that's just silly talk,,,there just dog lads same as all of u

Genocide is the only answer with these cnuts. This fuucker has just had me up after crying for 2hours. He won't leave me alone. Follows me to the shitter/kitchen/laundry room. Constantly has a slapped

Morton I'd disagree..   I've had collie types and switched to saluki crosses.   I have one that's pretty much a sight hound however it's hunting ability and prey drive leaves my old collie types

Posted Images

Morton I'd disagree..

I've had collie types and switched to saluki crosses.

I have one that's pretty much a sight hound however it's hunting ability and prey drive leaves my old collie types in its wake..

I doubt it's a one off either..

I can take mine out day or night and comes home with meat..

2015-09-09 21.38.57.jpg

any dog even with very water down saluki blood in the mix prey drive I have founded is unmatched but i am guess most guys feel saluki blood in mix out way the common head strong independent traits they have which can make training can be made harder because of it glad to see I am not only one that finds will put up we them

ive had al sorts of breeds like the deerhound collie ,beddy greys ,beddy collie greys .deerhound greys ,whippets ,beddy whippet ,and seen loads of others like bull xs, 1 day I went coursing with a few pals and seen a saluki run and as my lurcher hit the open land I seen him having such a hard time ran loads of hares and just couldn't make any ground up and I watch them hares fade into the distance and leave the poor dog standing ,that dog would do any thing I asked but that day on different land he just couldn't do the job ,now I have a saluki that ferrits like a whippet ,hock holds like a deerhound ,crunches like a bull x and will put many a lurcher to shame on the open land ,I class him as a lurcher coz to me hes there to fill the pot and nowt else ,i don't want to slag breeds but ive seen so many collies with all sorts of issues ,like barking at fox jacking on hare ,freeking out at the sign of a traffic cone ,then the beddy that have that much heart they don't stop and normaly end up dead on the road ,or the whippet that cant take the cold lol ,whens it going to end never coz theres lads out there that don't matter what they have there never happy ,saluki blooded dogs are the only breed ive ran that has like gears they know when to go up or down a gear atb bobza

• Like 1

Morton I'd disagree..

I've had collie types and switched to saluki crosses.

I have one that's pretty much a sight hound however it's hunting ability and prey drive leaves my old collie types in its wake..

I doubt it's a one off either..

I can take mine out day or night and comes home with meat..

2015-09-09 21.38.57.jpg

any dog even with very water down saluki blood in the mix prey drive I have founded is unmatched but i am guess most guys feel saluki blood in mix out way the common head strong independent traits they have which can make training can be made harder because of it glad to see I am not only one that finds will put up we them

fair point :thumbs: ive never owned one me self, but have seen 2 good line bred bullx greyxs lamping few years ago and both were very good, fast and good wind, and full on type dogs, both had bit of saluki in them few gens back. so can see drop of saluki 1/4 or there about' would benefit a lurcher line :yes:

I've had saluki lurchers a couple of decades now and I can't see me choosing any other cross anytime soon.

I've caught a hell of alot of tackle with them, all over the Uk and surrounding lands....... :thumbs:

The simple facts are, i would jack most collie crosses..... :icon_eek:

• Like 2

I've had saluki lurchers a couple of decades now and I can't see me choosing any other cross anytime soon.

I've caught a hell of alot of tackle with them, all over the Uk and surrounding lands....... :thumbs:

your only jealous of the fact that collie x's have more nose than you :tongue2:

Impossible................ :tongue2:

• Like 2

Impossible................ :tongue2:

Aye, you're probably right!

:hmm:Interesting comments, re; Saluki types and Collie types,...fact of the matter is,..they are two distinct styles of canine,..carefully bred over many years, to fulfill certain tasks....

It would be foolish to make comparisons, twixt these two intrinsically unique breeds..

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

plummer used to rubbish salukis all the time. then suddenly got a sal cross ? mind you he was a funny f****r. I been very fortunate to have run nothing else so I love em. my thought is the modern linebred coursing dogs are our version of the saluki. coursing dogs offer loads to the modern all round lurcher. the revers offers nothing to the modern coursing dog. out cross to pure saluki now and then cant go wrong. atb two crows.

• Like 1

I wont own a dog without saluki in its breeding somewhere but only from Coursing blood as has much more to offer then just hare coursing. Pest controllers would prefere collie x as most are ferreters its the most effitient way of clearing land. The collie x generally will be happy to stare at some nets for 30-60 mins at a time and have no problem. They get excited working out what hole its going to bolt from. Its all mind games they love. Plus a collie nature they thrive on commands. I hate pure collies looking back every few seconds in the hope for another command. I prefer more free thinking independent dogs . But i think bit of saluki and bit of collie goes a long way

that's spot on mate, with this fookin looking at you every couple of yards. walk a couple look, walk couple look. walk couple look etc , ive always thought this trait in a dog is not normal . ive met loads of people with dogs all kinds of breeds and not feckin (one) does it, Bryn my 1x collie x grey he does it, and so does my 1x gsd x grey , not as bad but does look out for you quite a lot. I not talking about strange ground etc just normal dog walk big open field (common ground) where lots of dogs go, but Bryn does it as above :censored: its been a long hard 8 years for me living with a dog who acts like this 24/7 , ok he been good rabbit dg true had good bags with him . but I never have a dog with collie in it again Bryn killed it for me, that's really why I went for a gsdx grey something similar but not as bad temp, he is like but not as bad plus he a better alrounder type lurcher than Bryn , as Bryn just a rabbit dog really, Buck up for most stuff . I think drop of saluki would be a good thing, you get good stamina and good feet , and agile dog . I ve always though Buck put back to a saluki x lurcher bitch you get great pups , as he got the above as well you get a dog run all night long with plenty of prey drive :yes: . regards temp if its only say 1/4 saluki it watered down anyway with the other breeds in there, so to train might not be to bad ,the bullx grey x saluki x grey another good x that's does well :thumbs:

I recon Bryn to a good coursing bitch would of made sum handy pups bird