• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tripe is water based , your better off with raw mince chicken ,and if you give rabbits make sure there been frozen for 3 weeks to kill tape worm

I agree with this. Ask 10 people about tripe and you will get 10 different opinions.   Some say it's a bag of shit, full of water, lacks nutrients.   Some say it's full of nutrients, dogs look wel

Breast of lamb good for putting weight on em

:yes:Raw, green Tripes (or Sheep paunches) form a useful addition to the diet of a working dog.

I used to obtain them in bulk, and fed the juicy Gems alongside copious amounts of carcase meat, bones,...etc, etc..

Yes, Tripes do smell a wee bit,.but the odour is nothing,.. compared to chicken carcases that have got a tad warm. :icon_eek:

There is much talk about the benefits of raw tripe,..of the probiotic effects, etc,..well,.I have no scientific knowledge ,.but I do know that most dogs,.once they have taken to gnawing on the stuff,..realy do seem to love em...

I only manage to get a few whole tripes these days,..and I invariably bag them up into meal sized amounts and feed them to the jukels, as a special treat :thumbs:

• Like 3

:yes:Raw, green Tripes (or Sheep paunches) form a useful addition to the diet of a working dog.

I used to obtain them in bulk, and fed the juicy Gems alongside copious amounts of carcase meat, bones,...etc, etc..

Yes, Tripes do smell a wee bit,.but the odour is nothing,.. compared to chicken carcases that have got a tad warm. :icon_eek:

There is much talk about the benefits of raw tripe,..of the probiotic effects, etc,..well,.I have no scientific knowledge ,.but I do know that most dogs,.once they have taken to gnawing on the stuff,..realy do seem to love em...

I only manage to get a few whole tripes these days,..and I invariably bag them up into meal sized amounts and feed them to the jukels, as a special treat :thumbs:

i have not bin a vet in 30 years just for jabs and bone man a friend of mine was feeding what a vet said was best for her dog i converted her over to meat and a handful of crunch her pockets are full £££££££ now and the dog has a new lease of life no tabs or shit the vets say is best :thumbs:

Yep every dog is different same as us so sometimes trial n error to find what works best for the individual is needed plus "high" protein for both man and dog is over rated IMO, a clean natural varied diet is best allround IMO..

Can dogs pick up worms off fresh tripe that the cows may of had ?

yes mate, any animal that a grass eater will+ can get tape etc worms , that's why I feed raw mince chicken never get any worms , as chickens are seed feeders etc, and you get more protein from chicken anyway .

Can dogs pick up worms off fresh tripe that the cows may of had ?

yes mate, any animal that a grass eater will+ can get tape etc worms , that's why I feed raw mince chicken never get any worms , as chickens are seed feeders etc, and you get more protein from chicken anyway .

I've never had a case of worms off tripe. Or off anything else for that matter. I wouldn't worry about it as long as a regular worming schedule is followed.

• Like 2

I feed raw green tripe most days. Never had a problem with worms. I get 2 or 3 tripe at a time and cut it up into smaller pieces, freeze and defrost in bucket o water as required. I wash it through first and have a quick check as I have found plastic etc stuck in the lining that the cow must have eaten.

• Like 1