Started to feed my pup on tripe. Decided to get the green tripe from the butcher. Absolutely stinks!!!!

He is 6 months and looks a bit skinny with ribs showing so the tripe should bulk him up a bit (I hope)

Can anybody else vouch for tripe. Or is there anything else that I can feed him that will bulk him up wit hip stinking out the garden and making me feel sick?

Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tripe is water based , your better off with raw mince chicken ,and if you give rabbits make sure there been frozen for 3 weeks to kill tape worm

I agree with this. Ask 10 people about tripe and you will get 10 different opinions.   Some say it's a bag of shit, full of water, lacks nutrients.   Some say it's full of nutrients, dogs look wel

Breast of lamb good for putting weight on em

IMO tripe is one of the best, the sheep or cows stomachs are full of nutrients, loads actually, its very good stuff IMO but by feck it stinks lol

I agree with this. Ask 10 people about tripe and you will get 10 different opinions.

Some say it's a bag of shit, full of water, lacks nutrients.

Some say it's full of nutrients, dogs look well on it etc.

I feed tripe a lot. Up to 50% of the total diet at times and my dogs always look really well and more importantly perform well when fed on it. I won't stop feeding it.

• Like 3

I once had a dog would eat anything mean anything from raw onions to best of beef but he would not eat tripe would turn his nose up at it and refuse to eat it but he would eat chicken tripe lol but chicken tripe is good no smell looks like mince all bonus of tripe mite be something else to try

Tripe is one of the best foods for dogs IMO :yes:

If you're trying to put weight on add some fatty scraps from the butchers to the usual feed or pick up some cheap fatty cuts of lamb from the supermarket :thumbs:

• Like 2