Any Advise Please

yesterday i gave him a handful of dry food n then got some raw bones ribs ext from butchers they gave me them then gave him one when i got back he munched it in 15/20 mins then was messing about with him n gave him another after that then took him for a walk n before i put him in his pen i gave him another n hes munched that today i gave him one this morning n one at dinner n was gunna give him another after his walk cheers lads

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was her first day when I got her home...     After I sorted her out...  

I'd go easy on the ribs mate and try and get a bit more meat in him, bones are good but too many will have him struggling to shite

Do you go out because he whines or do you go out to check on him then he whines ?

Posted Images

cheers pal i will do i have him outside aswel so if hes been inside he wont be used to staying out through the night ive been going out letting him know that i ant left him n today i took him for a walk at 6am till 7:15 then i put him in the garden while i nipped in the house he broke through my side gate n went in the street but he came back straight away so i had to pop him in the pen till i got back home at 12 n took him for a litgle walk on the fields n then i put him in the garden with my other dog for the past hour i havent heard anything from him i keep checking n hes layed down chilling but i popped my head out the door ten mins ago n hes started again but like you said new environment, would you keep going out at night ?

Do you go out because he whines or do you go out to check on him then he whines ?

• Like 3

yesterday i gave him a handful of dry food n then got some raw bones ribs ext from butchers they gave me them then gave him one when i got back he munched it in 15/20 mins then was messing about with him n gave him another after that then took him for a walk n before i put him in his pen i gave him another n hes munched that today i gave him one this morning n one at dinner n was gunna give him another after his walk cheers lads

just loads off chicken , mince , bron bred , tin tomato, sardines, brown rice ,tripe , liver, kidney mix it up threw the week , get a bag off gain or astralin formula aswell good luck lad
  • Like 1

cheers pal i will do i have him outside aswel so if hes been inside he wont be used to staying out through the night ive been going out letting him know that i ant left him n today i took him for a walk at 6am till 7:15 then i put him in the garden while i nipped in the house he broke through my side gate n went in the street but he came back straight away so i had to pop him in the pen till i got back home at 12 n took him for a litgle walk on the fields n then i put him in the garden with my other dog for the past hour i havent heard anything from him i keep checking n hes layed down chilling but i popped my head out the door ten mins ago n hes started again but like you said new environment, would you keep going out at night ?

i go out coz he whines pal

just loads off chicken , mince , bron bred , tin tomato, sardines, brown rice ,tripe , liver, kidney mix it up threw the week , get a bag off gain or astralin formula aswell good luck lad

cheers snapper thanks for the advise

• Like 1

i go out coz he whines pal

He will soon learn that when he whines he gets your attention.

I love the hosepipe for this. Lads say it doesn't always work but I've got 2 silent dogs and I can take one out and the other remains silent.

Don't let him see you. Blast with hose pipe when he cries. It won't take long for him to click in. And it's ideal time of year. Not much fun soaking them in winter. Although you rarely need to soak the dog. Water coming at them is enough for them to go in the box.

Good luck.

• Like 3

now would you walk him 5miles or gradually build him up from small but often cheers

5 miles is piss all to any dog mate. I said it recently on another thread and it's still going now 40 pages on.

5 mile is nothing. My 5 year old girl does it.

You could take an unfit pet dog for a 5 mile walk and it wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Sure some will tell you to build up gradually. Just use a bit of common sense regarding food and exercise and you won't go far wrong.

Don't worry too much either. It doesn't help.

• Like 3

now would you walk him 5miles or gradually build him up from small but often cheers

5 miles is piss all to any dog mate. I said it recently on another thread and it's still going now 40 pages on.

5 mile is nothing. My 5 year old girl does it.

You could take an unfit pet dog for a 5 mile walk and it wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Sure some will tell you to build up gradually. Just use a bit of common sense regarding food and exercise and you won't go far wrong.

Don't worry too much either. It doesn't help.

yeah pal i read it other day n ill try the hosepipe appreciate everyones help cheers

Keep us updated fella.

Best dog I've ever had was a pain in the arse rescue dog. She was a nightmare. Howled. Ruined the kennel. Ruined the house. Pissed, shit and sicked all in the house. Wouldn't settle.

But I stuck with her and she made a cracker. Taught me so much about dogs and was a useful dog in the field.

Good luck.

• Like 2