Run Of Bad Luck...

hope she come,s good, for you,,,, it his a law of average,, iff you run over a 1000, bits and bob,s , in a season then its only the matter of time,,,,,iff or when it happens,,,,,,, iff its every other run so to speak then the areas were folk are hunting with the dogs may'be hits a little to ruff for them,,,,, this time of year i dont let me dogs have that silly mad 5 mins in the garden,, or in the feild i seen it over the years with other lads , it allways ends tits up,,,even just a knock on the toe can come back and haunt you in winter,,, :wallbash:

Cheers Jim. Early signs are good. I'm positive she will make a full recovery.

She's very full on, I'm sure more accidents are to follow.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wishing your pup all the very best. It's a strange thing but so often I've noticed that people who don't give a sh^t about their dogs never seem to have many problems, and those who do their very best

From several decades of lurcherwork, the conclusion I've come to is; the shit ones are shit and the good ones die........   It sure is a swine, but that's working dogs for you....you've just got to

Lost my first lurcher to a broken neck at 11 months old back in 2010.   Lost my second lurcher to a broken back last summer.   Had a spaniel nicked, a terrier ran over and a lurcher I couldn't g

I had loads of bad luck when I started,,,first two lurchers ran over, at 1 year old,,next a Hancock that got distemper,,,1 year old,,,,then my next went over a cliff,,,,,yes at 1 year old,,,4 dogs dead in as many years....

I had loads of bad luck when I started,,,first two lurchers ran over, at 1 year old,,next a Hancock that got distemper,,,1 year old,,,,then my next went over a cliff,,,,,yes at 1 year old,,,4 dogs dead in as many years....

Jesus Tomo that's some bad luck. Make me look like a lucky f****r. Haha.

Good luck gaz she be fine few weeks ,this game ain't for some I like to mo went a decade several young animals either killed injured finished them,then for a decade the tide turned just he she does start to steady herself I find with these types a few bangs survive em and they be okay atb bunnys

Wishing your pup all the very best. It's a strange thing but so often I've noticed that people who don't give a sh^t about their dogs never seem to have many problems, and those who do their very best seem to have nothing but problems: there is a God, he's called Sod.

yes very true imo , but unless the dog was fitting, vomiting or disorientated , I would of gave antibiotics and pain relief me self , I aint one for the vets and have me reasons , call it old fashioned call it what ever ,........last resort for me . that don't mean I miss treat me dogs as there exercised and worked as much as I can and fed on the best ,.....with out sounding all above meself if one of my dogs had a bad break I would put it down. this is just one mans account I have a couple of lurchers , ones seven and the other three and one never seen a vet but the other was bitten by an adder years ago and had treatment ,.....but I take me hat off too gaz for doing the utter most for his working companions .......... and that is some bad luck hes had , onwards and upwards .

Good luck gaz she be fine few weeks ,this game ain't for some I like to mo went a decade several young animals either killed injured finished them,then for a decade the tide turned just he she does start to steady herself I find with these types a few bangs survive em and they be okay atb bunnys

Cheers bunnys I'm sure she will be fine.

Wishing your pup all the very best. It's a strange thing but so often I've noticed that people who don't give a sh^t about their dogs never seem to have many problems, and those who do their very best seem to have nothing but problems: there is a God, he's called Sod.

yes very true imo , but unless the dog was fitting, vomiting or disorientated , I would of gave antibiotics and pain relief me self , I aint one for the vets and have me reasons , call it old fashioned call it what ever ,........last resort for me . that don't mean I miss treat me dogs as there exercised and worked as much as I can and fed on the best ,.....with out sounding all above meself if one of my dogs had a bad break I would put it down. this is just one mans account I have a couple of lurchers , ones seven and the other three and one never seen a vet but the other was bitten by an adder years ago and had treatment ,.....but I take me hat off too gaz for doing the utter most for his working companions .......... and that is some bad luck hes had , onwards and upwards .

I aren't one of them who run to the vets at the first sign of a scratch mate, I agree with you - only go when there is no other option.

I didn't want to take any chances with a head injury, you can't get an idea of how bad the swelling is/was from the photos. Her head was about a third bigger than normal. There was a lot of fluid that needed draining and I wasn't confident doing that myself and wanted a second opinion.

I've done bits of stapling myself and always keep antibiotics in.

Fair play if you would of sorted that yourself though mate. I'm still a newbie compared to some of you veterans.

You need your insurance gaz that's for sure lol

Only cost me £85 notes this time mate. Won't bother with insurance. Excess is £75.

I've got a feeling the insurance could come in handy with this one though. I might upgrade to the platinum cover. Lol

Should be alright mate..

Mark brick survived a bump to the head , mind his heads bigger than most .. lol

keep the tlc and hood grub coming it can only help the recovery.

I aren't one of them who run to the vets at the first sign of a scratch mate, I agree with you - only go when there is no other option.

I didn't want to take any chances with a head injury, you can't get an idea of how bad the swelling is/was from the photos. Her head was about a third bigger than normal. There was a lot of fluid that needed draining and I wasn't confident doing that myself and wanted a second opinion.

Fair play if you would of sorted that yourself though mate. I'm still a newbie compared to some of you veterans.

im no veteran mate , just enjoy working the dogs , fair play gaz looks like is was worse than it sounded , I may of done the same ..good luck

Well .... sad to read this Gary,

pups will be pups..

however, You knew she was going to be head strong, with a high prey drive..i am sure there is more to come , but as always, You deal with things with a calm manner.

wishing her a speedy recovery.

Kind regards.

• Like 1

Should be alright mate..

Mark brick survived a bump to the head , mind his heads bigger than most .. lol

keep the tlc and hood grub coming it can only help the recovery.

He did survive it but I am told he will never run the same again? Lol

• Like 2

im no veteran mate , just enjoy working the dogs , fair play gaz looks like is was worse than it sounded , I may of done the same ..good luck

Sound mate, cheers. All the best for the coming season.

• Like 1