Run Of Bad Luck...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wishing your pup all the very best. It's a strange thing but so often I've noticed that people who don't give a sh^t about their dogs never seem to have many problems, and those who do their very best

From several decades of lurcherwork, the conclusion I've come to is; the shit ones are shit and the good ones die........   It sure is a swine, but that's working dogs for you....you've just got to

Lost my first lurcher to a broken neck at 11 months old back in 2010.   Lost my second lurcher to a broken back last summer.   Had a spaniel nicked, a terrier ran over and a lurcher I couldn't g

Unlucky gaz hope she comes back well for you, it's a credit to you thought always standing by your dog's when shit hits the fan and keeping well feed and warm fare play, theres to many lads to quick to pts and just buy another

• Like 1

From several decades of lurcherwork, the conclusion I've come to is; the shit ones are shit and the good ones die........

It sure is a swine, but that's working dogs for you....you've just got to keep on keeping on.... :victory:

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 6

Cheers Cushty.

Jack44 - it's all part and parcel of the game for me mate. They do there best for me so it's only fair to return the favour when they need it. I think we've been lucky this time but I'm sure there will be worse injuries to come, she's a pretty full on type.

Darcy - I think you are spot on there fella. Not many of the good ones seem to make old bones. But like you say we gotta keep on plodding on.

Mine is awesome, never had more than a scratch, sound feet run, him on concrete , barb doesn't seem to touch him , flat out through forestry great to watch. Without doubt the most annoying dog I've ever owned, too clever for his own good and won't catch a thing. I'm almost certain this dog will make old bones and lacks prey drive/killing instinct , most annoying thing is he's a good hunter great nose on him, will chase anything and lives for the chase , and don't get me wrong I could live with that but now and again you want to put some meat on the table or have a success now and again. I own what is metaphorically an ashtray on a motorbike. A family pet to boot else he'd be gone, the only thing that keeps me going is a useful little bushing dog I own and the prospect of getting a pup next year that possesses some simple dog like thought processes like catch and kill. I can't put into words the frustration that a shit dog can bring to your life. I hope all goes well for your pup, ATB Joe.

Haha thanks Joe. I know what you mean. My brindle bitch has got bags of self preservation. She's not completely useless and catches a few bits but when it comes down to it, she puts herself first. If it's gonna put her in danger or the rabbit looks like it's making an escape then she doesn't want to know.

But like you say they are part of the family and she will stay here doing what she does.

• Like 1

Shit Gaz, your lucks gotta change soon!

Your a very keen lad, its all part of the learning curve.

You always appear to do the best by your dogs, fair play to you, keep on, dont let it it mar your enthusiasm, sure shell come through fine.

Cheers, D.

Terry - Fingers crossed for you mate. I like your dog. Reckon you gonna have some fun this winter.

Saluki246 - I can understand why people get out of the game and would never criticise someone for doing so. It can certainly test you at times.

Dytkos - Thanks pal appreciate that. I try to do my best by them. This won't put me off. It's just another little hiccup.

Cheers to all and all the best for this coming season.

• Like 1

hope she come,s good, for you,,,, it his a law of average,, iff you run over a 1000, bits and bob,s , in a season then its only the matter of time,,,,,iff or when it happens,,,,,,, iff its every other run so to speak then the areas were folk are hunting with the dogs may'be hits a little to ruff for them,,,,, this time of year i dont let me dogs have that silly mad 5 mins in the garden,, or in the feild i seen it over the years with other lads , it allways ends tits up,,,even just a knock on the toe can come back and haunt you in winter,,, :wallbash:

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 4

Mine is awesome, never had more than a scratch, sound feet run, him on concrete , barb doesn't seem to touch him , flat out through forestry great to watch. Without doubt the most annoying dog I've ever owned, too clever for his own good and won't catch a thing. I'm almost certain this dog will make old bones and lacks prey drive/killing instinct , most annoying thing is he's a good hunter great nose on him, will chase anything and lives for the chase , and don't get me wrong I could live with that but now and again you want to put some meat on the table or have a success now and again. I own what is metaphorically an ashtray on a motorbike. A family pet to boot else he'd be gone, the only thing that keeps me going is a useful little bushing dog I own and the prospect of getting a pup next year that possesses some simple dog like thought processes like catch and kill. I can't put into words the frustration that a shit dog can bring to your life. I hope all goes well for your pup, ATB Joe.

I own what is metaphorically a baby with a razor blade....
  • Like 1

unlucky gaz, try rinsing her abscess with salty water, or get her swimming in the sea, it always works to clean out abscesses,

Cheers fella. I have been using saltwater. Can't believe the difference 24 hours has made. Swelling is 80% gone.