Run Of Bad Luck...

Lost my first lurcher to a broken neck at 11 months old back in 2010.

Lost my second lurcher to a broken back last summer.

Had a spaniel nicked, a terrier ran over and a lurcher I couldn't get along with in the meantime.

My brindle bitch swallowed a fishing hook at 9 months old which was touch and go, wrapped around her intestines last year.

Now I'm on the way back from the vets with my 6 month old pup who's fractured her skull.

A rabbit got up in front of her yesterday and ran to a woods, there was a 6 foot fence with gravel boards and the rabbit went under the gravel board, pup tried to follow at full speed.

That's working dogs for you. At least she's keen. Lol.

• Like 4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wishing your pup all the very best. It's a strange thing but so often I've noticed that people who don't give a sh^t about their dogs never seem to have many problems, and those who do their very best

From several decades of lurcherwork, the conclusion I've come to is; the shit ones are shit and the good ones die........   It sure is a swine, but that's working dogs for you....you've just got to

Lost my first lurcher to a broken neck at 11 months old back in 2010.   Lost my second lurcher to a broken back last summer.   Had a spaniel nicked, a terrier ran over and a lurcher I couldn't g

I can cope with the injuries and vets bills mate.

Don't wanna lose this one though, she's turning into a belter. Never known a pup so switched on, eager to please, outgoing, scared of nothing, she's hard work but an absolute pleasure at the same time...

7C24E51F-95E2-4578-A69B-59E777DF56F4_zps

• Like 3

Cheers boys.

Snapper the vet was more worried about the abscess that's formed under the skin. They've said there ain't much treatment for a fracture. Gotta stop her banging her head for 4-6 months. Lol.

They've tried to drain the abscess, you can't really get an idea from the pics of how swollen the face is. The right eye is almost closed up due to the swelling.

We've gotta keep the drain hole open for a few days, keep it clean, antibiotics and anti inflams, see how she is in couple days...

67DA3707-D58E-4E1A-820E-587D46F04407_zps

2D945D09-1942-41E8-8240-5152886DED21_zps