Fuel Prices.........

Diesel was still cheaper when I first bought my own van 20 years ago, but it soon went up!

Diesel €1.08 in my local...................which is nice ;-)

That's not priced in proper money, though, is it ?

Ok.....a couple of weeks ago it cost me about £20 to drive from brussels to North Essex, is that proper enough? :-)

That's better! But what was the total including ferry fare ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gary you should know its all official biz even got to go to Andre Rieu concert on sunday on the way home nearly ran over a couple immigrants but the buggers were a bit quick on there toes

You know perfectly well that I was the owner of a Kia Soul (wretched machine !) I brought the subject up purely as I was surprised in the fall of diesel prices.........but since you mention it.......

Mine is my bank manager & accountant, as well as my engagements secretary - (ie she has all the money and tells me what she thinks I should be doing !)

Diesel was still cheaper when I first bought my own van 20 years ago, but it soon went up!

Ok.....a couple of weeks ago it cost me about £20 to drive from brussels to North Essex, is that proper enough? :-)

Fcuk knows! That's the wife's department ;-).................& it was the shuttle.....

Fcuk knows! That's the wife's department ;-).................& it was the shuttle.....

You've got a "business manager" too, then ?

I done somerset to brugge then on to maasricht a bit of touring about and back just worked it out cost me £105 in derv not bad for a 4.2 cruiser

Brugges then on to Maastricht ? Was this in your official capacity, as our Ambassador for European Integration ? ;)

Edited by Blackbriar

Yes she's admin & finance & I do all the donkey work..................some things never change ;-)

Yes she's admin & finance & I do all the donkey work..................some things never change ;-)

Mine is my bank manager & accountant, as well as my engagements secretary - (ie she has all the money and tells me what she thinks I should be doing !)

• Like 1

Gary you should know its all official biz even got to go to Andre Rieu concert on sunday on the way home nearly ran over a couple immigrants but the buggers were a bit quick on there toes

Edited by TOPPER
  • Like 3

what was he any good?

must have been if he outrun a 4.2 cruiser, feck me he must have been faster than an Ethiopian with a dinner ticket
  • Like 1

My mrs still thinks you can fill the tank for £20 and get a pack of fags with the change.

Your missus puts fuel in the car? What an angel lol

Mine thinks that when the red light comes on its time for me to take it for a service????????

Just got her a new one with a computer thingy that tells you average mpg, range etc but she says she can't see it without her specs on ffs

Cheers, D.

My mrs still thinks you can fill the tank for £20 and get a pack of fags with the change.

Mine thinks that when the red light comes on its time for me to take it for a service????????

Just got her a new one with a computer thingy that tells you average mpg, range etc but she says she can't see it without her specs on ffs

Cheers, D.

I've got a bit obsessive about average mpg lately - the old Kia only managed 32-35 mpg (told you it was a wretched machine !), but the new one is averaging 55-60 ! Going up the motorway to Nottingham later, so should do even better than that.Wish I'd got it years ago. (Did I mention its a Skoda Yeti 2.0 L diesel 4WD ? I did ! Sorry, won't mention it again !)

Cheers, D.

I've got a bit obsessive about average mpg lately - the old Kia only managed 32-35 mpg (told you it was a wretched machine !), but the new one is averaging 55-60 ! Going up the motorway to Nottingham later, so should do even better than that.Wish I'd got it years ago. (Did I mention its a Skoda Yeti 2.0 L diesel 4WD ? I did ! Sorry, won't mention it again !)

Yes, you mentioned it shortly after your post unnecessarily mentioning your "new car". :laugh: Do you always refer to it as that? i.e "'I've left my fags in the new car" or "the new car needs a wash".

Snob. :D

Cheers, D.

Yes, you mentioned it shortly after your post unnecessarily mentioning your "new car". :laugh: Do you always refer to it as that? i.e "'I've left my fags in the new car" or "the new car needs a wash".

Snob. :D

You're just jealous because I've got a new car !

I don't leave my fags in it, as I don't smoke, and I pay the foreigners to wash it - so there ! :p

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1