Snp To Consider Tightening Laws On Fox Hunting

Out in the field without a gun how would game caught by dogs live be despatched a rabbit or hare by snapping the neck what about a deer , throat slitting has been used as away of despatch for millenium. it is quick and far from cruel when done by some one who knows what they are doing. To me it forms an integral part of hunting being able to despatch quarry in an effective way it also happens to be part of my faith , athiest, agnostic or what ever they are a persons personal choice nothing to do with this topic

But that's out in the feild where other better humain ways arnt available.. Totally different

Yes but you could argue you had a choice not to hunt that animal in the first place, just saying like. It's maybe not the best of arguments, coming from a hunter.

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When it comes to animals, we would do better to be more concerned over the manner of it's life rather than the manner of it's death ;/

Religion has no place in modern society, if you chose to believe in pretend made up magic wizards in the sky then that's fine but don't push your rubbish onto the rest of us, don't have special laws,

I'd like to know the SNP's views on Halal slaughter.....

As someone who worked on the killing floor of a slaughterhouse.

Halal is barbaric.

The laws in this country to killing animals is very strict!

More government inspectors on the floor than workers. Any form of deviation from the laws your out the door.

And yet twice a week not 50ft from me the rules went right out the window to allow some witch dr to prolong that beasts death,and not dispatched by our laws.

So an animals welfare and suffering means f**k all when it comes down to Islam!

That's not right.

The f***ing lacs should be jumping on that crusade!

You worked in a slaughter house does a stunner kill out right ? why do they bleed the animals out after stunning , stunning being the operative word. As for an animals welfare meaning f**k all when it comes to islam does that mean I careless about my dogs , horses and livestock than yo do for yours ?

Edited by desertbred

Out in the field without a gun how would game caught by dogs live be despatched a rabbit or hare by snapping the neck what about a deer , throat slitting has been used as away of despatch for millenium. it is quick and far from cruel when done by some one who knows what they are doing. To me it forms an integral part of hunting being able to despatch quarry in an effective way it also happens to be part of my faith , athiest, agnostic or what ever they are a persons personal choice nothing to do with this topic

But that's out in the feild where other better humain ways arnt available.. Totally different

Yes but you could argue you had a choice not to hunt that animal in the first place, just saying like. It's maybe not the best of arguments, coming from a hunter.

My point is pest control needs to be done and any animal delt with humanly as possible in the feild there and then but slaughter of live stock doesn't other methods can be applied.

My point is pest control needs to be done and any animal delt with humanly as possible in the feild there and then but slaughter of live stock doesn't other methods can be applied.

I totally agree on humane dispatch & I'm not defending halal slaughter, but in my heart I've never been a pest controller........just a hunter, mostly with dogs & hawks.......so I find hard to point the finger.

I had a similar argument before on here with Born & I was basically taking your stance & I think I was a tad overzealous in saying he was full of shit haha......

As someone who worked on the killing floor of a slaughterhouse.

Halal is barbaric.

The laws in this country to killing animals is very strict!

More government inspectors on the floor than workers. Any form of deviation from the laws your out the door.

And yet twice a week not 50ft from me the rules went right out the window to allow some witch dr to prolong that beasts death,and not dispatched by our laws.

So an animals welfare and suffering means f**k all when it comes down to Islam!

That's not right.

The f***ing lacs should be jumping on that crusade!

for those in here thinking why lacs and badger molester may, packham etc should jump on halal there's no chance. Cause the mussies will execute them too. And to be fair ya really couldn't blame them

Anyone for a bacon sand which ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK--0lqYYh8

These clips obviously try and make farmers out as the baddies but the fact is, it's us and our supermarket addiction and the demand for below cost food that is forcing farmers to adopt these practices in order to just survive.

It's easy to point fingers, but is it as easy to look in mirror ?

• Like 4

WILF- You're right,I'm sure the vast majority of animals that die in the wild of natural causes suffer a lot more before death,the main problem with halal imo is it's an industry that only hires Muslims and I'm certain a lot of the parts the ragheads won't eat end up in our food chain,making it very hard to avoid.

In all fairness, and this concerns fox hunting too, if we are talking animal welfare then we need to address a much wider problem......people use supermarkets because they don't have much time, they don't have much time because that how government has engineered life........so to talk about fox hunting or halal slaughter is really just playing to the gallery.......it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things mate, completely meaningless !!

But, if we are talking for a moment about halal slaughter, I remember as a kid that it was common practice to cut a chickens throat and let it bleed out as a method of slaughter.......that was over 30 years ago !!

"Halal"......"fox hunting".........sound bites for the masses IMHO mate

• Like 1

Animals have been killed for thousands of years with out bolt guns or being electrically stunned. Islam isn't the only religion in Britain who doesn't stun/bolt before slaughter either.

Religion has no place in modern society, if you chose to believe in pretend made up magic wizards in the sky then that's fine but don't push your rubbish onto the rest of us, don't have special laws, tax exemptions, accepted cruelty to animals and don't teach the horse shit as fact to my kids in school!.

• Like 5