Rabbit is a bit gamy for me but I don't like wasting it on the dogs so.... bought the mincer, Have belly pork and rabbit in the freezer, just waiting for the casings to arrive. Tried a burger last night with 1/3 rabbit 2/3 belly pork with onion. Wasn't bad at all but I'd like more savoury. How do I do that guys?

Try adding salt? Chicken stock or a beef oxo cube maybe

Hmm! Never thought of salt. I suppose if using wet like stock or gravy I could balance with rusk or breadcrumbs. Maybe even use my favourite original Bisto. Licking my lips now.

I reckon if you ground the bisto granules up fine you could add them neat to the mince as if they were a seasoning.

I use the original Bisto which is a powder. Don't know if it can be used dry. It's at it's best when mixed with cold water before use but it won't hurt to try it :)

If rabbit tastes gamey your not cleaning it right. Your not taking the scent glands out, thats what gives it that god awful smell when cooking.

TC

Maybe gamey is the wrong word but come on Tiercel, if the purpose of this post is to educate me, you're not doing a very good job of it. Or is the location of said scent glands a secret? I do tend to take out everything that isn't tied down. I treat squirrel in exactly the same way and find that tasty.

• Like 1

I reckon if you ground the bisto granules up fine you could add them neat to the mince as if they were a seasoning.

I use the original Bisto which is a powder. Don't know if it can be used dry. It's at it's best when mixed with cold water before use but it won't hurt to try it :)

I might give it a go myself.

If you've never used proper Bisto you've a treat in store. Next time you do a shepherds/cottage pie, mix 2/3 tbl spoons in cold water and add to the mince. Absolutely transforms it.

try diffrent combos heres a few ingrediants ive seen goin into pork sausages // paprika / garlic / salt / pepper / barley / rosmary / thyme / corriander / mint you can also dry cure the sausages on the lowest temp on the oven for a few hours they last for a long time after that or you can smoke them i like them cured me with hot paprika

• Like 2

Some older buck rabbits can be a bit pungent. I tend to soak most rabbits in bowl of water for a couple of hours before cooking. Personally I'd find making rabbit sausages more hassle than it's worth, I rather feed them to the dogs.

try diffrent combos heres a few ingrediants ive seen goin into pork sausages // paprika / garlic / salt / pepper / barley / rosmary / thyme / corriander / mint you can also dry cure the sausages on the lowest temp on the oven for a few hours they last for a long time after that or you can smoke them i like them cured me with hot paprika

Have you got any info on dry curing sausages? Think i might give that a go with some mint flavored ones.

what info you need mate ? ime no pro seen it done and helped out a cuple of times thats all.. you can warm smoke or cold smoke or simply just dry them out like you whuld jerky in the oven on the lowest light i no fat is a main factor involved they need to have fat in them or they come out to dry .. try you tube pal ther will be step by step instructions on ther