Anyone Own A Lurcher In Holland?.

Mate you can get the train and ferry from Rotterdam to hook of Holland to Harwich and onwards to wherever in Blighty. Personally if they can't be arsed to make that short trip I wouldn't want to know

It's not that they can't be arsed but with 4 kids and a busy life not everyone can just jump on a train to another country shroom :tongue2: and after your stories about your dog maybe traveling for a pup maybe don't seem such a good idea mate :laugh:

Hollands hope had a pic of a couple lurchers up a little while ago.........I think he's actually in holland, but I could be wrong.

Yeh the taking of game with running dogs is illegal throughout holland, Belgium, France & Germany........I think I'm right in saying it was the shooting men that pushed for the law, many many years ago to protect their own interests......what a surprise eh?

When I was out foxing in holland back in the season, the hunters were moaning about lads with running dogs on their land, so some are aware of it..............though I think one discreet man & a mooching dog could get away with quite a lot over here & there's little competition......;-)

• Like 2

Holland's governed by the green party I believe. Running dogs must always be kept on leads unless in a secure enclosed area. I believe their supposed to be muzzled in public too.

I can't see the police kicking off much, it'll be the shooters that try to get you in trouble! Lol

Hollands hope had a pic of a couple lurchers up a little while ago.........I think he's actually in holland, but I could be wrong.

Yeh the taking of game with running dogs is illegal throughout holland, Belgium, France & Germany........I think I'm right in saying it was the shooting men that pushed for the law, many many years ago to protect their own interests......what a surprise eh?

When I was out foxing in holland back in the season, the hunters were moaning about lads with running dogs on their land, so some are aware of it..............though I think one discreet man & a mooching dog could get away with quite a lot over here & there's little competition......;-)

:good:

• Like 1

I've some really good mates in Holland and France,the laws can be strict depending on who comes out,the shooting lads have every inch stitched up,my mate who lives in "Condon" France had a front leg shot off his lurcher by a member of the local hunt and he's been there over 10 yrs,the fella even knew it was his dog, my mate in Holland travels into eastern europe,Finland,etc to get his sport, he lives in "Breda" Holland, he has been turned over many times by animal rights people and the police, Europe is definitely not the place to hunt dogs but they love shooter's,organised clubs are the only way forward,there are lads digging but that again is licences and carried out by clubs,WM

Edited by wirral countryman
  • Like 1

I've some really good mates in Holland and France,the laws can be strict depending on who comes out,the shooting lads have every inch stitched up,my mate who lives in "Condon" France had a front leg shot off his lurcher by a member of the local hunt and he's been there over 10 yrs,the fella even knew it was his dog, my mate in Holland travels into eastern europe,Finland,etc to get his sport, he lives in "Breda" Holland, he has been turned over many times by animal rights people and the police, Europe is definitely not the place to hunt dogs but they love shooter's,organised clubs are the only way forward,there are lads digging but that again is licences and carried out by clubs,WM

Is it legal to run dogs in Finland then? I have a good chance of trying this

Was there not a coursing breed in holland I can't for the life of me remember the name of it the topic was a few years ago now

Your not wrong Biglurks we did indeed had our own "sighthound" the fresian greyhound. Extinct breed these days.found this on the net you have to put it thru a translator. http://www.windhonden.nl/fries.htm

Interesting, I presume the long poles with the stop at the end is for jumping the dykes while following a course ?

Pity it's banned in a country made for coursing.

I could be wrong but I think Ireland and Spain are the only countries left in Europe where coursing is still legal.

Makes you more thankful for what we got.

Interesting thread this.

• Like 3