Alright. Just back from a walk with the kid at the local basin, me and him were almost touching a nice wee duck at the side until the wee man gave it a fright and it made its way into the water to swim of. Couldn't believe it when the poor wee c**t got pulled under! About 2 seconds later the duck comes back to the surface and instantly the biggest fecking pike ever flys up out of the water and takes him under again right in front of us never to be seen again lol. Best thing iv ever seen with my eyes lol. I had my phone in hand taking pics just before it happened wish I'd have took a vid of it, gutted lol. Do you see this much or what or was I just in right place a the right time??

RIP wee duckpost-11231-0-57365700-1432584476_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Must have been some pike to take a full grown duck. Right place at the right time for you bud.

• Like 1

It was that duck mate and it was firhill, yes they still do the sailing club aswell lol. The duck looked like it really didn't want to go in the water until the kid almost grabbed it lol, just to the left of us aswell there was two swans with loads of young it could have had. maybe the famous "Big Ben" everyone use to talk about don?? LOL

• Like 1

Alway make me laugh the old big pike story's...in our local pits it was "old ned" apparently he had moss on his head and a selection of lures hanging from his mouth ...I believed it for years :laugh:

• Like 2