Plants And Ferrets

Im posting this with a hope to warn others. My ferret court has a small soil raised border which my two gills decided to have a good dig in they have been happy there for minths. But I came home last night from work to find my favorite gill lying in a dig still attached to a root of geranium but dead as a dodo and stiff to boot. She was full of the joys the night before. She must have been munching away all night on it and cause I was in work early I didn't get an opportunity to check on her until later in the day, (guilt ridden now).

After some Google searches I've found that the geranium is poison to most animals, I am somewhat flummoxed as they are were happy there for some considerable time before this happened.

So please all of u ferret men and women out there watch out.

If anyone knows of other poisonous items please post here. For armed is for warned.

Thanks guys

:(

• Like 2

ive actually got a full leaflet from the HTA (i think) with all the irritant / poisonous plants listed.

i'm fairly sure its aimed at humans but it can't hurt.

i'll dig a copy out tomorrow and try and post a picture if i can get a clear enough shot of it.

• Like 2

ive actually got a full leaflet from the HTA (i think) with all the irritant / poisonous plants listed.

i'm fairly sure its aimed at humans but it can't hurt.

i'll dig a copy out tomorrow and try and post a picture if i can get a clear enough shot of it.

• Like 1