soundproofing

Has anyone used anything to soundproof a kennel so as neighbours can not hear the dog barking from

inside the kennel,my terrier occasionally barks when he hears something outside so i am considering

using soundproofing methods for my new kennels which will be used only when he starts yapping?

If so what materials did you find effective and what method of construction did you use?

Higgins.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Don't take this as the last word, Higgins. But I once followed a Very professional and involved discussion of Sound Proofing. The people who provide a Professional service seemed to be saying that egg cartons and jabolite etc. are just fantasy. As I remember, the bottom line was something like an 18" cavity packed solid with sand. Something like that :unsure:

Still .....

well i'm looking for materials which are cheap enough as alternatives to

the professional standard,something which will do the same job and be readily available

from B&Q or similar,maybe thick foam backed carpet would do the job?Something to maybe line the inside

of the kennel and if not completely silenced,reduced enough so WE CAN'T hear it in OUR back garden,then just maybe

our neighbours will have enough distance to further qiueten any small sounds so as not to heard easily,

Higgins

well i'm looking for materials which are cheap enough as alternatives to

the professional standard,something which will do the same job and be readily available

from B&Q or similar,maybe thick foam backed carpet would do the job?Something to maybe line the inside

of the kennel and if not completely silenced,reduced enough so WE CAN'T hear it in OUR back garden,then just maybe

our neighbours will have enough distance to further qiueten any small sounds so as not to heard easily,

Higgins

6 inch cavity thermalite bricks cavity filled with styrafoam insulation panels ...there 5/12 in thickness 6 ft long 3 ft across ...cut to suit using handsaw

will help in keeping kennel warm and cut down noise

Can the kennel be built with this or is it just a lining material and how much are they?

you can build the walls with thermalite similar to breeze block ..[stronger heavier than breeze using] courses then inside the gap you place the syrafoam,inbetween the gap in the walls...try Travis and Perkins or Build Centre cheaper than B&Q

none of the above will sort your problem out mate,and i should know as its part of my job

what id be looking for is an acoistic barrier board,

same sort of stuff as plaster board to look at but thicker.

if you cant find any pm me :thumbs:

i've had a look on Google and seen some acoustic products mostly aimed at business and commercial

premises and they look expensive.These boards you can get are they ok for lining inside a kennel

and how effective is the noise reduction,also what sort of cost per board?What are made from?

Higgins.

i've had a look on Google and seen some acoustic products mostly aimed at business and commercial

premises and they look expensive.These boards you can get are they ok for lining inside a kennel

and how effective is the noise reduction,also what sort of cost per board?What are made from?

Higgins.

the products you,ve seen mate are the right things your looking for.

the dogs bollacks.

thermal blocks aint that good and iff you buy in small lots could cost you about £15 a square meter.

add to that the price of having hem layed by a bricklayer at say £12 mtr,and the cost of a render finish

i would say that them panels are a good buy :thumbs: