Have You Ever ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's not for me everytime one of the dogs is knocked up,i look at them sore and think ffs there like that because i like the sport and the working of a terrier ,but then i think it's what the

Almost gave up whem all my dogs were stolen in year 1999-2000,lost the lot even a litter of 6 week old pups but kept goin and went out with other lads working there dogs until i finially got some to s

They way I look at it you can't drop out. Because if you were ever honestly in it , you can't get out of it. And I mean as in you might not keep terriers but when your out across the feilds you will

about ten years ago lost a real good dog to ground cave in and two weeks later lost another good bitch i found out how hard it was to replace them finding a decent line of terriers like hens teeth and lads that do have them keep them to theirselves at that time i felt as if the only luck i had was bad luck then by chance met a lad who i used to dig with at a show we had lost touch over the years work kids etc long story short he still had his line of good digging russells waited a while and he loaned me a dog to dig a bit with and the following summer he gifted me 2 pups really felt like giving up the terriers but once youve got the terrier bug youve got it for life so if youre in a similar situation now hang in there something will turn up every cloud and that :thumbs:

• Like 2

about ten years ago lost a real good dog to ground cave in and two weeks later lost another good bitch i found out how hard it was to replace them finding a decent line of terriers like hens teeth and lads that do have them keep them to theirselves at that time i felt as if the only luck i had was bad luck then by chance met a lad who i used to dig with at a show we had lost touch over the years work kids etc long story short he still had his line of good digging russells waited a while and he loaned me a dog to dig a bit with and the following summer he gifted me 2 pups really felt like giving up the terriers but once youve got the terrier bug youve got it for life so if youre in a similar situation now hang in there something will turn up every cloud and that :thumbs:

to be truthful I'm not thinking of giving up myself , in fact I'm very happy with my dogs . Although I am going through a bit of a funny stage with losing digging partners lol. I understand that life throws things in the way and I just wondered if any of the lads on here had thought there would be a time that they would stop , for whatever reason that's all really . Edited by marshman
  • Like 1

i felt like giving it all up at one time, but my family said i would be a miserable git as they know i cant be in doors to long just took it day by day, just keep at it because once fieldsports of any sort get in your blood you cant get it out

• Like 2

There was a lad on earlier selling all Hes digging gear on eBay and getting out of the job , it made me wonder why some people drop out . I don't know if it's the time of year or a genuine reason , it always struck me as sad when people stop digging !

• Like 2

Almost gave up whem all my dogs were stolen in year 1999-2000,lost the lot even a litter of 6 week old pups but kept goin and went out with other lads working there dogs until i finially got some to suit my own needs.In fairness a few lads offered me dogs-pups but to be honest they were not what i wanted.I did get 1 real good dog and he kept me goin until i eventually got sorted then a lad that i had given a bitch to a couple of years earlier contacted me when he heard and offered me the bitch back as she was heads on for him and i could have her.It is times like these that you know who your real mates are.

• Like 9

I take my hat of to you Fat man for getting back in the job , I think I'd be like tigersog2 , if my dogs where taken it would be one of the reasons I would throw the towel in . God forbid !!

Edited by marshman
  • Like 1

I think it's not for me everytime one of the dogs is knocked up,i look at them sore and think ffs there like that because i like the sport and the working of a terrier :icon_redface: ,but then i think it's what their on this planet to do :yes: and they can jack out any time they want and if there happy to still put in the graft i'll show them where to find it. :victory: ,

• Like 10