Bad Foot Injury, Flesh Wound Down To Bone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

REW ...wherabouts in the country are you ? if you can get to our surgery in Warrington Cheshire we will treat it for free for you ....it looks like it has started healing itself anyway .... but it nee

REW if you want the money you are going to be earning off me early that's not a problem I can do you a bank transfer now and that will more than cover the cost of treatment .........

Rew you should have phoned me,,,i would have took it to my vet and payed,,and you could have payed me back when you had the money...   Should have took that well paid job I got f you last year,,,, y

Ii should be working full time I agree and eventhough my contract is only part time (16 hours) every week I do 25 hours . Nows the time to look for a 40 hour week job when the dogs don't need working. I have been trying to make money through filming so haven't been looking for another job since I am always busy. I have always been able to pay my way and like I have said I wasn't working the dog at the time so wasn't expecting this to happen. I had just spent 300 on a few day break with my girl friend. My other bits take me to 500 leaving me food money for the rest of the month. As much as I appreciate the offers for money I wouldn't have taken anything unless I honestly had no other means of paying. The camera, the car would have been the first things that would have been sold to afford treatment. Dogs cost me a lot more in the past. As bad as the injury looks, fly was in no discomfort so I had the opportunity to get the best for my money.

F6379884-E64D-4C77-9D0F-26FC32553D49_zps

He come on for an opinion on is dog the general opinion was get to vets which he did its always handy to have antibiotics and pain relief anti inflammatorys to hand (metacam or carprieve) runni g your dog you get constant knocks gashs etc 90%a the time all vets give you is antibiotics and pain relief just see a greyhound man stock up

• Like 1

To be fair the lad didn't ask for charity. But if your taking on any animal especially a working animal thats prone to injury you should be ready to front up cash in case anything goes wrong. I know we all need holidays and a break but since i git my house and dog i aint been a hokiday in 3 years.times iv had to pay vet bills then tap money for food.its easy to come on and tell you to stick a fiver a week away but i wont because I dont do it i just end up rooked if something goes wrong.i work full time and still manage to get plenty time with the dog and shooting just need to prioritise. Gd luck getting full time work and best of luck to the dog making a full recovery.

To be fair the lad didn't ask for charity. But if your taking on any animal especially a working animal thats prone to injury you should be ready to front up cash in case anything goes wrong. I know we all need holidays and a break but since i git my house and dog i aint been a hokiday in 3 years.times iv had to pay vet bills then tap money for food.its easy to come on and tell you to stick a fiver a week away but i wont because I dont do it i just end up rooked if something goes wrong.i work full time and still manage to get plenty time with the dog and shooting just need to prioritise. Gd luck getting full time work and best of luck to the dog making a full recovery.

Good post. He didn't ask for charity. But he did back pedal like a good'un.

First post the bitch is in pain and he can't afford expensive vet care (which implies that she needs vet care, or why say it?).

Then later on he changes his mind and says she wasn't in any discomfort and he had time to sort funds etc etc.

Lads have had themselves ripped a new arsehole apart for much less on here, including myself. But because he's part of the gang and his face fits it's okay. I've done and said lots of things but my dogs get the best of care regardless of cost and that's got to be number one in this game surely?

This ain't 1950 where we are poachers out to earn a crust and spend as little as possible on the mutts. It's 2015, we are watched very closely and prosecuted at the drop of a hat. The antis and co love lads not giving their dogs proper veterinary care. It's just another nail in the coffin.

• Like 6

Maybe a case of lesson learned on Rews part...

I personally think he should be getting some insurance cover which I have myself and cost £19 for the premium cover which for me is peace of mind...

Anyways - I reckon it just goes to show how many good honest lads are on this forum willing to help a dog in need of attention, ok it was Rew that requested it but my personal opinion would be that if any other long term member had come on with the same situation then 95% of the people that offered Rew help would also have offered help to that long term member, more so for the welfare of the dog and not the actual member...

I don't know Rew, I've commented on a few of his posts and read a good few write ups etc but if there was anyone in need of help to get their dog treatment then I would still be happy to donate for the sake of the dogs health...

I can only reiterate how fantastic some of the offers off lads and give credit to people willing to treat Fly for free...

Good on you all,

Atb

• Like 1

Its not like his bitch was left in pain, as he said she turned up at his mates who lives up the road from him,,, when FLY turned up at rews mates house he seen the injury straight away and cleaned it with salt water and gave the dog some metacam then bedded her down once he returned her home,,, with him doing this for rew it gave him time to return home of holiday and make the right decision on where to take her and where would be best for the cost,,, its not like she was left in pain as she had metacam as i said and was took for treatment on the same day,,, i know rew well and he will always be able to afford to look after his dog hes just not someone to jump into any rash decisions,,, the one thing he will learn from this is dog insurance is the best thing and im sure he will be sorting that out right away monday morning :thumbs:

• Like 2

Its not like his bitch was left in pain, as he said she turned up at his mates who lives up the road from him,,, when FLY turned up at rews mates house he seen the injury straight away and cleaned it with salt water and gave the dog some metacam then bedded her down once he returned her home,,, with him doing this for rew it gave him time to return home of holiday and make the right decision on where to take her and where would be best for the cost,,, its not like she was left in pain as she had metacam as i said and was took for treatment on the same day,,, i know rew well and he will always be able to afford to look after his dog hes just not someone to jump into any rash decisions,,, the one thing he will learn from this is dog insurance is the best thing and im sure he will be sorting that out right away monday morning :thumbs:

I think maybe the way he posted about her injury and had time to reply to folk about it rather than getting the dog seen. Ive seen myself ring the vet out his bed for advice on keeping it ok till I get to him that morning like most lads id imagine put the dogs welfare first. U wouldnt tell ur kid with a gash like that we ll miss hospital tonight pal have calpol. Not having a go I know hes ur buddy but rather than drag on back and forward let the boy learn his lesson and if he chooses not to learn then that be on his head too. Atb with the dogs injury hope she makes a full recovery