Shotgun Fox

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do's..........Hit it Donts........Miss it

'so you saying a shot gun wont kill at 70 yards'   Well no I'm not, what I am saying is that you should never shoot at a Fox with a shotgun from 70 yards distance, as much as Fox are a pest they de

Assuming you have a 'standard' OU game / clay gun or a SS game gun, you don't need Magnums (but get some 2 3/4 heavies if you want), it's the shot size that needs looking at, I would say a minimum of

Do's..........Hit it

Donts........Miss it

Spoken like a true keeper! :laugh:

Lol......thing is mate since I've stopped all that I've got a different approach.

Was putting the dogs away the other night when I saw a dog chasing a vixen about in my field. Instead of rushing in for the .222 I just watched them......wtf...lol

• Like 1

A heavy load of number 3s will do the job nicely, with 3s you hit him with plenty of shot, almost guaranteeing something will reach a vital organ, the bigger shot, whilst having a lot of energy, and will kill instantly if a vital organ is struck, can develop holes in the pattern quickly, and keep the range down, 30 yards max.

• Like 2

Do's..........Hit it

Donts........Miss it

Spoken like a true keeper! :laugh:

Lol......thing is mate since I've stopped all that I've got a different approach.

Was putting the dogs away the other night when I saw a dog chasing a vixen about in my field. Instead of rushing in for the .222 I just watched them......wtf...lol

Careful, you'll be eating quorn sausages next and braiding your hair.

• Like 1