I've only seen up to episode 3. I'm staggered none of these 'hunters' have been out with the bow at first light! Too busy sleeping! The boar trap is pathetic and the snares will get chewed through in minutes.

It's quite a challenge though, modern man has very few of the skills and knowledge that stone age man would have found second nature. Not to mention what I imagine would have been a very different environment to what even they are in today, with domesticated dogs available and the opportunity to hunt now extinct large mammals.

domestic dogs were available to mesolithic people.

Yeah, that's what I said. :thumbs:

If I was trying to live as a Mesolithic man, I'd want a few handy hounds with me. Even a terrier would be well worth it's feed.

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lot of deer hit with a flint-tipped arrow would f**k off over the horizon never to be seen again.

As said, it is the general apathy of the people that is annoying, as BH said earlier, it is easy to pick faults, sitting in your arm chair in a centrally heated room, but every waking moment of the da

Nearly all those in this programme would be 'culls' in a post-apocalyptic situation: it is their attitude more than anything: just sitting around doing nothing. No energy or drive to survive: they're

I've only seen up to episode 3. I'm staggered none of these 'hunters' have been out with the bow at first light! Too busy sleeping! The boar trap is pathetic and the snares will get chewed through in minutes.

It's quite a challenge though, modern man has very few of the skills and knowledge that stone age man would have found second nature. Not to mention what I imagine would have been a very different environment to what even they are in today, with domesticated dogs available and the opportunity to hunt now extinct large mammals.

domestic dogs were available to mesolithic people.

Yeah, that's what I said. :thumbs:

If I was trying to live as a Mesolithic man, I'd want a few handy hounds with me. Even a terrier would be well worth it's feed.

i misread that!! apologies!

but you are quite right, any dog would be a godsend. i reckon a lot of deer hit with a flint-tipped arrow would be far from instantly dead; how useful even to have a camp cur to follow up

• Like 1

This shows getting a bit better, theyre at least trying to hunt with the bow now even if they are failing so far. The young bloke JP came close to some wild boar on last nights episode but wasn't allowed to take the shot in case they attacked, was a shame, I was hoping he was going to get something after everyone calling him a lazy fecker.

I can see Mike leaving very soon but other than that I think the rest will be in to the end.

that dumb fat worzel thinks that the deer are just going to stand there while he walks to shooting range (what range do you reckon that bow is accurate and has stopping power, 15/20 yards?). he seems to think that wild animals cant hear or scent, absolutely no idea of bushcraft. sit up a tree over one of those game trails would be my choice, and be prepared for a LONG wait......

• Like 3

Yes he is not exactly using the terrain, or natural camouflage to his advantage is he ;) he just wanders around not taking any account of wind, and I am pretty sure mesolithic man would have used mud ect as a face mask, and probably smeared himself in dung from the animal he was hunting, and his snares, well I thought it was quite telling watching it with my four year old, he said, that wont be strong enough to hold a piggyjack will it daddy? :yes:

• Like 2

Looked like Paul finaly came up with a plan to kill a boar that could work and he gets chucked out for groping unbelievable. I think tonights episode is the last?

its not on tonight , next monday is the last episode :thumbs:

• Like 1

I just watched this,the girl was smiling and grinning as she described how the guy had molested her,the guy seemed disturbed and didnt really fight his corner,I like her mums comments "In 10,000 BC the tribe would have just put an arrow into him" :laugh:

• Like 1

"I wouldnt mind a go at that".............................all you guys who said this after watching the program guess what?You can have a go,channel 5 are currently on the look out for contestants for the next series,contact channel 5 and get through selection,hopefully at least one of you will get on?

"I wouldnt mind a go at that".............................all you guys who said this after watching the program guess what?You can have a go,channel 5 are currently on the look out for contestants for the next series,contact channel 5 and get through selection,hopefully at least one of you will get on?

Got a link to the application form?

Unlaced

Got a link to the application form?

It was on the channel 5 website unlaced,there was a quick advert on TV saying channel 5 were looking for applicants willing to take part in the second series,good luck if your going to apply :thumbs: