Jagd Terriers,

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say they are a pain in the ass.

my pal just taken a chance and bought a 7mth old dog to run on, just something new but to be honest he/we know nothing about them and was wondering if anyone in Britain works them and how do you rate

I have some of the Von sonnern blood in my dogs. Fox dogs if I am correct. They don't inbreed them usually just best to best. There have been some steady digging dogs from them here in the states. Som

Posted Images

Joseph, we don't keep any other type of animal in or out the house.
so i can't help you in that matter but for sure they won't be the hardest dog to train because they are very intelligent.
i have seen them doing all in hunting, retrieving, bushing, digging, treeing and pointing so they are highly trainable to hunting purposes.

when i say they can be harder to maintain is just they have very high gamedrive or gameprey and they come with a grindy voice that can make your ears going to the moon.
also, if you keep then for hunting you will discover that anxiety comes with the package when i say this is that every surrounding is "huntable" for them.

but you can quote me on this, a jagdterrier is always hunting and that is a fact.

still we keep them, a couple nothing more because that kind of hunting abilities or skills won't be around in much breeds or type of dogs nowadays.

cheers

my pal just taken a chance and bought a 7mth old dog to run on, just something new but to be honest he/we know nothing about them and was wondering if anyone in Britain works them and how do you rate them as a digging dog over here, the dog will be given a chance to prove its self when its ready but would be nice to hear from others thats seen them work and what do they think of these dogs, heres afew pics of him,

Hello my friend. We have seen the pictures of your jagdterrier pup which is one that we bred from our direct imported Serbian/Hungarian working stock. If you wish to know anything about the breed or the parents, we are only too pleased to help, you can either ring us or email 07887520131 or jagdterriersnorfolk@gmail.com

Hope the dog is doing well.

Regards Richard and Tash, Waterside Kennels, Norfolk.