Punch Up ?

Eye ' Gnash we don't know how Lucky we are.

That must be Heartbreaking seeing their suffering

But Humbling at the same time I suppose.

FairPlay .

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me realise what courage is.

Having a stand up or a fight of any sort comes as natural to some of us as Tuesday follows Monday it doesnt take courage to do what comes natural.........a small child having a smile on their face knowing they are dying has to be just about as unnatural situation as its possible to get so for me thats where the real courage is !

Good on ye gnash Yer a good man! Is there a certin charity for this place to make a donation?

http://www.havenshospices.org.uk/little_havens_care

There you go mate,theres a box to click on to make a 1 off donation or regular payment......good on you if you do :thumbs: .....infact good on you whether you do or not just spreading the word is good enough its only that this ones near me im sure theres loads of different charities kids are kids at the end of the day.....we make a regular donation and take a few of the older kids down the Hammers sometimes ( like they,re not in enough pain without inflicting that on them )......or just spend some time there having a kick about or just chatting they,re all beautiful people kids and staff alike so im just grateful to be in their company in all honesty.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most weeks at work there's some kind of skirmish,,of sorts,,,but working the doors you expect it,,,,   Thought a gang of black lads were going to have it last night cos we stoped them coming in,,,,w

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me reali

i young lad 19] threw a brick at my mothers car [day after dads funeral] i tried to find him but couldnt and it festered on me ,i was warned that he can do a bit and is constantly high as a kite a

FairPlay .

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me realise what courage is.

Having a stand up or a fight of any sort comes as natural to some of us as Tuesday follows Monday it doesnt take courage to do what comes natural.........a small child having a smile on their face knowing they are dying has to be just about as unnatural situation as its possible to get so for me thats where the real courage is !

Good on ye gnash Yer a good man! Is there a certin charity for this place to make a donation?

There you go mate,theres a box to click on to make a 1 off donation or regular payment......good on you if you do :thumbs: .....infact good on you whether you do or not just spreading the word is good enough its only that this ones near me im sure theres loads of different charities kids are kids at the end of the day.....we make a regular donation and take a few of the older kids down the Hammers sometimes ( like they,re not in enough pain without inflicting that on them )......or just spend some time there having a kick about or just chatting they,re all beautiful people kids and staff alike so im just grateful to be in their company in all honesty.

Gnasher the more you post on here the more I get the impression that you have turned your life completely on its head from what it was from your younger days ? If that's correct then you must feel far happier with your life now and what your doing day to day compared with your youth ... Or I could be completely wrong lol ........

• Like 1

You know what i worked in a kids hospital once and it proper choked me up, it sounds shitty i know but i couldn,t visit one i would be like a blubbering wreck ....

Thats the test of a man though mate,because its hard to do.....standing having a tear up comes natural......but like you i never thought i would be able to sit talking to a kid who is dying without being a mumbling stuttering mess......an old boy i used to listen to,long dead now,he once said to me .............." son,the toughest battles you will have in your life will be when you are matched into yourself "............the deep breath i take before walking through the doors of this childrens gaff constantly take me back to those words,and its one of the few tests im proud of myself to have passed so if a shitbag like me can pass it so can you ;)

• Like 2

Done Gnash, I'd love to be able to do things like this but I don't think I could, also wouldn't find time with work and trying to look after my own wee squad lol but fair play to you's for going in there!

You know what i worked in a kids hospital once and it proper choked me up, it sounds shitty i know but i couldn,t visit one i would be like a blubbering wreck ....

Thats the test of a man though mate,because its hard to do.....standing having a tear up comes natural......but like you i never thought i would be able to sit talking to a kid who is dying without being a mumbling stuttering mess......an old boy i used to listen to,long dead now,he once said to me .............." son,the toughest battles you will have in your life will be when you are matched into yourself "............the deep breath i take before walking through the doors of this childrens gaff constantly take me back to those words,and its one of the few tests im proud of myself to have passed so if a shitbag like me can pass it so can you ;)

We,re all wired up different mate, i,m far from being an emotional man but with kids it cuts me up fairplay to you and people like yourself who do it though..

FairPlay .

good on you gnash .il be sending em a few quid mate.

• Like 1

This might be from the same man, RIP. "A mans gameness is proven in his matches he has with himself" Very wise man IMO

Edited by GD Waz

Gnasher the more you post on here the more I get the impression that you have turned your life completely on its head from what it was from your younger days ? If that's correct then you must feel far happier with your life now and what your doing day to day compared with your youth ... Or I could be completely wrong lol ........

Im still an arsehole from time to time mate just an arsehole with a conscience these days thats all .....but yes its certainly a better feeling creating smiles than tears ive never been able to work out if im a nasty c**t with some kind ways or a kind person with some nasty ways it doesnt really matter at the end of the day though does it we only have ourself to look in the mirror at and i can do that these days so its all good :thumbs:

• Like 4

Done Gnash, I'd love to be able to do things like this but I don't think I could, also wouldn't find time with work and trying to look after my own wee squad lol but fair play to you's for going in there!

Well in Lukey good lad :thumbs: ....like i said mate i struggled at first but forgetting the benefits the kids get i probably get more out of it than they do !.......Im probably not the most approachable looking of chaps so me and my pals get some funny looks with these youngsters but who cares lifes not all about take take take is it i guess we all try to make up for our own innadequacies in one way or another but it sounds like you are doing it right the first time round and i take my hat off to that.

And you Brookie thankyou mate your a good man id never ask a person to donate anything money or time but you volunteered which shows class in my book.

me Ma always told me to steer clear of folk more charitable to other folks children than thier own, i did'nt understand her at the time

Well why dont you do us both a favour then and f**k off and steer clear of me !

• Like 4

Biggest mistake you will ever do is trying to make a name for yourself, because your have every lowlife around trying to have a go when your with your wife and kids, or when you won't a tair up the little c###s pull tommy out or stick a knife in your back.

So be worned youngans it's great fun in your twentyS but becomes a chore when your not to far short of ya fiftys. .

Edited by slip lead

Your charity work is unbelievable Lem, even if you do surreptitiously say so yourself , me Ma always told me to steer clear of folk more charitable to other folks children than thier own, i did'nt understand her at the time

Below the belt that ORT :nono: ..........

• Like 5

Your charity work is unbelievable Lem, even if you do surreptitiously say so yourself , me Ma always told me to steer clear of folk more charitable to other folks children than thier own, i did'nt understand her at the time

Below the belt that ORT :nono: ..........

I think the chap is making a fair point. It seems grossly ignorant to me to be told to 'f**k off' for questing a person's motivation in visiting sick children. It seems to me that Hunting Life hero gnasher is guilty of using sick kids to increase his following on this forum. True acts of kindness should be performed quietly, not announced to the world to 'prove ' a person's 'cool dude, diamond geezer' online persona.

We've just had the horror of a c**t like Jimmy Saville wandering hospital corridors at will. I thought lessons had been learned from that episode and all people who come into contact with our children are thoroughly vetted. Gnasher has said on here that he has criminal convictions for violence and has served time in Wormwood scrubs : hardly a fit,stable character to be influencing kids. He also admits to admiring pit bulls terriers and is creepily knowledgeable about the actual fighting rules. Again, not a fit person to be coming into contact with vulnerable children. The vetting procedures need to looked at sharpish.

Perhaps Gnasher should give some thought to those children who are mauled, killed and badly disfigured by pit bulls in the UK every year. I wonder if Gnasher ever feels any indirect responsibility or collective guilt about these tragic incidents?

I think his spare time would be better spent in devoting himself to changing people's minds about the keeping of these dogs.If he did he would be serving children a lot better than what he is doing now.

Gnasher, finally, you are insensitive, to say the least, in dismissing a soldier's post traumatic stress disorder as a'few bad memories'. It is much more than that. It's devastating for the person involved, for the wives, children and wider family of those afflicted. It's extremely ungrateful of you to take such a dismissive attitude to those who are fighting for your safety.