Punch Up ?

We used to have a 5's tourney in the factory I did my apprenticeship in.....so us young fit 1st year apprentices put in a team, we drew the Block Line Fat Boys first round.......we're standing there looking at these 50+ year olds, beer bellies, smokin tabs etc and we are having a right old laugh, gonna whip these boys, granny them etc etc.......we got humped, these boys had been playing as a unit for about 20 years, had been undefeated 5's champs in the factory for the last 5 years. Thing was they hardly moved!! Step and pass, step and pass, we were chasing shadows, I think we got stuffed 14 nil and dont think we had the ball......learned a lesson that night......

• Like 3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most weeks at work there's some kind of skirmish,,of sorts,,,but working the doors you expect it,,,,   Thought a gang of black lads were going to have it last night cos we stoped them coming in,,,,w

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me reali

i young lad 19] threw a brick at my mothers car [day after dads funeral] i tried to find him but couldnt and it festered on me ,i was warned that he can do a bit and is constantly high as a kite a

Well this new league we're in is all young lads... Lots of step overs, flicks and tricks etc.. We're a tad more direct.. Lol

Seems to be working alright, you don't lose that competitive spirit but you do lose the legs lol.. Still 2 wins out of 3 3rd on goal difference, I'm telling the lads we can win this league lol

I watched a mates boy play an under 14,s game the other week it was sickly......13 year old kids crossing themself and pointing to the heavens when they score a goal...kissing their wrists .....what the f**k is that all about :D ....i bet you must feel like giving these youngsters some proper old fashioned English centre half tackles !

First game Ross the lad who runs it, an old mate of mine , comes up and says " Kev you can't play Lee, he's banned" I ask Lee and he says "yeah I've got a 5 game ban, I didn't realise it affected this."... Well it's an FA associated league, Ross pulls us to the side, and says he'll put Lee in under his brothers name, just be careful no stupid challenges etc..

First minute... Bang... This young lad doing his tricks goes up in the air.. Yellow card ( only one I've seen in so far lol).. Old habits and all that lol

If someone goes past me they simply get told "you'll no do that again" and if they try it they get blooters lol, what annoys me about refs now is they not vocal enough someone shouts for a foul it's given and half the time the ref doesn't know why he's given it, I was saying to my mate last night you can win the ball a lad goes over and he'll probably get a free kick.

• Like 1

We used to have a 5's tourney in the factory I did my apprenticeship in.....so us young fit 1st year apprentices put in a team, we drew the Block Line Fat Boys first round.......we're standing there looking at these 50+ year olds, beer bellies, smokin tabs etc and we are having a right old laugh, gonna whip these boys, granny them etc etc.......we got humped, these boys had been playing as a unit for about 20 years, had been undefeated 5's champs in the factory for the last 5 years. Thing was they hardly moved!! Step and pass, step and pass, we were chasing shadows, I think we got stuffed 14 nil and dont think we had the ball......learned a lesson that night......

let the ball do the work mate old head against fast feet only one winner
  • Like 1

How can you define courage? When i was a kid I grew up in a dock area with a traveller sire next door and all sorts of nationalities and religions. I literally couldn't make it home from going to the shop for my mam without getting into a fight It was as much part of life as going to school or playing football.It never bothered me at all. I could climb into a boxing ring no problem at all. I always think the ref is there to protect you if things go pear shaped. Fighting on the cobbles is a different matter. You have no idea what is going to happen. Hidden mates, a blade,w.h.y. That's scary. I would back out right away of getting onto a horse and jumping fences. Those guys that do that are feckin tough guys. I would back out of any sport involving speed. It scares the shit out of me.

Courage can come and go as well. It's not something that's there for ever. Have you ever come across someone with post traumatic stress syndrome? Don't tell me those guys aren't courageous even though they are wrecks now.

Depression is another b*****d thing.It can wither away at your confidence and courage.

Most men 'jack' at some point just like dogs. It comes with the ageing process and wisdom.

The luckiest guys are those that just sail through life and never consider courage or machoness or bravery. My two lads have never had a fight in their lives. I never encouraged any crap like that when they were growing up. Dads who are always onto their lads to fight and be macho are always, in my experience anyway ,weak as piss.

On a different note. Has anybody ever had some fecker get his thumb inside your mouth and gouge away at the flesh inside your cheek? Feck me it's painful,and takes weeks and weeks to heal. I'm going back decades now but I had a fall out with a crazy b*****d whose speciality was cheek and eye gouging. But I got lucky , the next week he stabbed a lad in his kidney. He got a lot of porridge, but I often think it could have been me.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

How can you define courage? When i was a kid I grew up in a dock area with a traveller sire next door and all sorts of nationalities and religions. I literally couldn't make it home from going to the shop for my mam without getting into a fight It was as much part of life as going to school or playing football.It never bothered me at all. I could climb into a boxing ring no problem at all. I always think the ref is there to protect you if things go pear shaped. Fighting on the cobbles is a different matter. You have no idea what is going to happen. Hidden mates, a blade,w.h.y. That's scary. I would back out right away of getting onto a horse and jumping fences. Those guys that do that are feckin tough guys. I would back out of any sport involving speed. It scares the shit out of me.

Courage can come and go as well. It's not something that's there for ever. Have you ever come across someone with post traumatic stress syndrome? Don't tell me those guys aren't courageous even though they are wrecks now.

Depression is another b*****d thing.It can wither away at your confidence and courage.

Most men 'jack' at some point just like dogs. It comes with the ageing process and wisdom.

The luckiest guys are those that just sail through life and never consider courage or machoness or bravery. My two lads have never had a fight in their lives. I never encouraged any crap like that when they were growing up. Dads who are always onto their lads to fight and be macho are always, in my experience anyway ,weak as piss.

On a different note. Has anybody ever had some fecker get his thumb inside your mouth and gouge away at the flesh inside your cheek? Feck me it's painful,and takes weeks and weeks to heal. I'm going back decades now but I had a fall out with a crazy b*****d whose speciality was cheek and eye gouging. But I got lucky , the next week he stabbed a lad in his kidney. He got a lot of porridge, but I often think it could have been me.

Gnash your a cool dude

:bad::bad::bad::bad:

:icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

No offence to the object of your loyalty and unbridled admiration. He may or may not be a 'col dude', but Jesus Christ, blowing public smoke up his arse makes me feel queazy mate.

I bet you get on well with your boss. :laugh:

Im am the boss mate :laugh: i was merely pointing out gnashes coolness :laugh:

• Like 1

I had a lot of porridge...about 5.30am this morning...straight out the microwave that oatsosimple stuff is like napalm...burnt the flesh on the inside of my cheek too...so know what your saying...always good to hear about how hard people are...always impresses me :thumbs:

• Like 6

Gnash your a cool dude

No offence to the object of your loyalty and unbridled admiration. He may or may not be a 'col dude', but Jesus Christ, blowing public smoke up his arse makes me feel queazy mate.

I just presumed he was sarcastically calling me a c**t !......hence i replied with similar sarcasm :D

Thats what you call courage is it.....1 big tough man fighting another big tough man....or a soldier with nasty memories..........do yourself a favour and come with me for a walk round the childrens hospice for life limited children i visit every month and i guarentee you,ll have a new found understanding of what courage actually is ;)

• Like 11

Gnash your a cool dude

I just presumed he was sarcastically calling me a c**t !......hence i replied with similar sarcasm :D

Thats what you call courage is it.....1 big tough man fighting another big tough man....or a soldier with nasty memories..........do yourself a favour and come with me for a walk round the childrens hospice for life limited children i visit every month and i guarentee you,ll have a new found understanding of what courage actually is ;)

So right. Very humbling.

Eye ' Gnash we don't know how Lucky we are.

That must be Heartbreaking seeing their suffering

But Humbling at the same time I suppose.

FairPlay .

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me realise what courage is.

Having a stand up or a fight of any sort comes as natural to some of us as Tuesday follows Monday it doesnt take courage to do what comes natural.........a small child having a smile on their face knowing they are dying has to be just about as unnatural situation as its possible to get so for me thats where the real courage is !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 16

FairPlay .

When you see kids who just want to live their life and play with their pals yet they know thats not going to happen and so are just living in the here and now as best they can it really makes me realise what courage is.

Having a stand up or a fight of any sort comes as natural to some of us as Tuesday follows Monday it doesnt take courage to do what comes natural.........a small child having a smile on their face knowing they are dying has to be just about as unnatural situation as its possible to get so for me thats where the real courage is !

:thumbs:

Dont think i could do that gnash only thing that moves me in any sort of way is when i see things like disabled or ill kids. Remember my cousin was in great ormond street and went to see him with my mum. Couldn't stay there for the whole visit place put a lump in my throat and didnt want noone to see me get tearful. Fair play for going and visiting a children's hospice id love to do it but i couldn't id happily take having a fight against someone than having to do that.

Deaths never bothered me alot less than most because of my dads job and me working as an undertaker. Would have bodies come in all day and wasnt a problem. Having a kid come in was a different issue though whole place would go quiet then someone would say just a line to break the awkward silence but straight after it remained silent. Had to force myself to come home and not let it play on my mind. Changed me abit in the choices i make aswell, no way id let any mate drive drunk or jump in the motor with em now.

• Like 1

FairPlay .

Good on ye gnash Yer a good man! Is there a certin charity for this place to make a donation?

• Like 1

Gnash your a cool dude

Im am the boss mate :laugh: i was merely pointing out gnashes coolness :laugh:

stop spoofing gnash, couple a bandits lololol

Gnash your a cool dude

You know what i worked in a kids hospital once and it proper choked me up, it sounds shitty i know but i couldn,t visit one i would be like a blubbering wreck ....