Slatmill

a flirt pole is better imo. Start them young chasing rag and move onto leather. You can put a lot of wind into a dog in a short time. Watch you dont catch the dog with the pole and put him off. The sprint chasing of it is what exercises the lungs and heart. Build up steady.

Both a mill and flirt pole are good ,as is a chain or window weight pulled by the dog.....An easy way to make a mill is to use any type of electric mill used by humans. You may want to attach a side rail to the mill......Using all of these methods is often the best.....Worked well for the strong dogs.

HPR...have to admit thats craftmanship alrite very tidy.... i know 1-2 who have them and to be honest they dont use them...there just there... dogs need out to pee and scent and exercise and turn and all sorts of other things.... i know some are really busy with other stuff, like work and all but 20 mins of the lead to pee and act like a dog twice a day will do a lot more than a mill.... but hey each to there own i suppose..

All different prices mate depends what size they've got the best of everything on them there alot more quiet than most ive heard and free spin more times plus ive put some bits on them so its not so hard on dogs joints a few lads have been buying them to replace there rp millmaker and dog trotters.

A slat mill is for fine tuneing stop end theres a lot of other work needs to go in im out with me lab all the time i use the mill for intense/sprint work last week she havd to retrive 3 duck through ice and she made easy work out of it and wasnt even blowing i put this down to the mill its one of those horses for courses things isnt it

I know what your saying mate but you'll always get that bit extra with a mill involved you need it all any way road work walking sprintwork good food good rest the more you put the more you get out

• Like 1