Lurcher Pup And Whats The Best Way To Train Him

Got a Bedlington x salukie/whipet grey hes now 51/2 month old got him doin bits of jumping n retreiveing. Plenty of walking just wondering what else I should b doin with him wudnt mind geting him out wid other dogs watching them work ect. Hes 21" now shud make 23/24" father was a great dog for goin to ground and mother is a very good lamping and coursing bitch especially on the big ears. Any help would b great here is a few pics

post-98030-0-88787700-1421446066_thumb.png

post-98030-0-32600500-1421446106_thumb.png

post-98030-0-28852500-1421446219_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

If you pm fluff off here for an extortionate amount of money he will teach you to be the best dog man and hunter in the world like him ... You will have rabs big ears phesies beasties salmos and lobs filling your freezer in no time ... He is the man .........

• Like 5

Thanks every1 he is showing real potential and full of heart wud gettimg him out watching sum other dogs working b a good start ect hes jumping 45" with ease but dont wanna go any higher yet hes only a baby

ALRIGHT MATE.

GET HIM OUT WATCHING FROM THE SLIPS WITH OTHER DOGS DOING THE JOB.

ILL GUARENTEE YOULL GET RABBITS RUNNING PAST YOU AT SOME POINT FOR AN EASY EASY ENTRY TO THE GAME.

Some cracking advice on here. :no: One of my favorites is when dog is catching and not retrieving. "it'll come mate" "give it time and the dog will get the hang of it". No it fecking wont! If it hasn't been trained to retrieve it never will. Some are natural retrievers but training will ensure it does.

• Like 2

Nice mate, id say just let it be a puppy for now no rush with a youngun

That's good advice above..just enjoy letting it be a puppy, rest assured there will be a time forthcoming in the not to distant future when the pup will have you tearing your hair out, all the months of recall training will fall on deaf ears, have little interest in anything other than being rebellious BUT if you have layed down the foundations ie:recall, retrieving etc then it WILL not of been in vain, never lose your temper no matter how hard that may seem when it reaches this "teenage" riotous stage because it will..there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's when this stage has been and gone that I personally enter my dogs into work..if your getting it out regulary and accustomed to all matter of countryside obstacles,the sight & sounds and smells,broken to livestock etc your doing everything just right imo, make sure its used to travelling if you intend on hitting the road on your hunting trips? Just feed it the best & kennel it the best you can...after that it really is up to the dog..enjoy your dog and good luck ")

• Like 5

Nice mate, id say just let it be a puppy for now no rush with a youngun

That's good advice above..just enjoy letting it be a puppy, rest assured there will be a time forthcoming in the not to distant future when the pup will have you tearing your hair out, all the months of recall training will fall on deaf ears, have little interest in anything other than being rebellious BUT if you have layed down the foundations ie:recall, retrieving etc then it WILL not of been in vain, never lose your temper no matter how hard that may seem when it reaches this "teenage" riotous stage because it will..there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's when this stage has been and gone that I personally enter my dogs into work..if your getting it out regulary and accustomed to all matter of countryside obstacles,the sight & sounds and smells,broken to livestock etc your doing everything just right imo, make sure its used to travelling if you intend on hitting the road on your hunting trips? Just feed it the best & kennel it the best you can...after that it really is up to the dog..enjoy your dog and good luck ")

:victory::toast:

Thanks every1 he is showing real potential and full of heart wud gettimg him out watching sum other dogs working b a good start ect hes jumping 45" with ease but dont wanna go any higher yet hes only a baby

ALRIGHT MATE.

GET HIM OUT WATCHING FROM THE SLIPS WITH OTHER DOGS DOING THE JOB.

ILL GUARENTEE YOULL GET RABBITS RUNNING PAST YOU AT SOME POINT FOR AN EASY EASY ENTRY TO THE GAME.

Guy int pub says mods should ban divvies like you from giving advice, slip it in on a chsse, are you related to fluff?

Outoftime, You have got lots of time to get pup going, don't waste that valuable time listening to guys like 3 strikes. Find a genuine member off here to show you way

GUY IN PUB TELLS ME YOUR A ARSXXOLE.

WHEN WAS IT QUOTED SLIP YOUR DOG INTO A ON GOING CHASE.

THE MODS SHOULD TAG ARSXXOLES THAT QUOTE OTHERS TESTEMONYS AND NEVER PUT THERE HANDS UP.

YOUR THE TYPE O CLOWN WHO TALKS A GOOD FIGHT.

PROBLY BEEN A KEYBOARD HUNTER WHILST SITTING THERE DREAMING OF BEING A DOGGYMAN.

MUPPET.

READ THE POST HALFWIT

LOL.

NO NEED TOO LET PUPS WATCH.LOL

THAT JUST ANSWERS MY QUESTION.

FISHING SEASON STARTS SOON , YOULL BE ABLE TOO GO BACK TOO THE RIVER AND BULL SXIT PEOPLE ABOUT THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY YESTERDAY.LOL.

MUDDLER SHOULD BE (MOONMAN)

HAVE YOU EVER BROUGHT A PUP ON !!!!!!!!.

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVN, T.

TOO MANY BULLSXIT MERCHANTS ON HERE SLATEING PEOPLE.

WHO ACTUALLY DO SOME DOG WORK.

NOT SIT THERE DOON THE PUB TELLING TALES.

15FT 15WF30ILB LEADER WAE A CARROT ON IT YOU SHOULD LAND A FEW BUNNIES WAE THAT.

PMSL.

GOOFY!

• Like 1