Photo Of The Year

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personaly,...although of excellent quality,...and obviously taken by a man who knows his camera... I find the picture of the muzzled greyhounds and their quarry,...to be strangely depressing...  

A few pics Craig took of my bitch on a walk out,

Posted Images

Personaly,...although of excellent quality,...and obviously taken by a man who knows his camera...

I find the picture of the muzzled greyhounds and their quarry,...to be strangely depressing...

How,...did it all come to this....... :cray:

Copyof_MG_2054.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 14

Personaly,...although of excellent quality,...and obviously taken by a man who knows his camera...

I find the picture of the muzzled greyhounds and their quarry,...to be strangely depressing...

How,...did it all come to this....... :cray:

Get on 'ole Blue Eyes'... :thumbs:

Another great comment and pic... :thumbs:

Edited by Saluki246

you have to love the top end action pics. Craigs work is awesome used to follow the posts on moocs. when he was just a young boy. a real talent. be great to see more on these boards. good competitions would draw some great shots out of the many talented members i reckon. :toast:

• Like 3

I know it's not daytime lurcherwork, but the hardest photos to take, IMO, are lamping shots. They are just impossible. There's many things to complicate matters, the camera often doesn't like to focus in the dark, you've got to be very near to the action, the shot's got to be composed and then the flash has got to freeze the action as well. It was always my biggest challenge, and time after time I failed. I don't know how many attempts, and how many failed photos, many thousand I would think. :wallbash: I got there in the end but it's taken a quarter of a century i reckon, good job I wasn't in any rush! :D :D

• Like 1

Well Neil, who knows about the Park side of things, but I would say that within the decade it might be gone. All depends on what the government thinks I guess.

I have many photos like that of brown, blue and Irish hare being coursed on their own turf, but they are never 'easy' to get. To get one good coursing shot is lucky....to get hundreds ain't lucky. When those captive hares are released in the 'park' i dare say that getting photos like that are not too difficult. Then there's the Waterloo Cup, again, if the photographer is in the correct position then shots shouldn't be too difficult.....BUT put those photographers on a 3000 acre Fen with one dog on one hare and see what they come home with. To get many good coursing action photos you need to become obsessed, as there just isn't any other way IMO.That's my take on things....... :victory: :victory:

Coursing in Eire wether park or Open will be with us for a very long time :yes: because their Govt. realise the importance of the greyhound breeding in Eire and subsidise it due to money brought in by the exporting side of it.

Captive hares are born in the wild netted and contained in paddocks(like the size of the inside of a horse racing track)looked after by hare keepers,vet checked and treated accordingly,exercised up the field so they know where the sough is back into the paddock and at the end of the seaon realised back into the wild

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

Well Neil, who knows about the Park side of things, but I would say that within the decade it might be gone. All depends on what the government thinks I guess.

I have many photos like that of brown, blue and Irish hare being coursed on their own turf, but they are never 'easy' to get. To get one good coursing shot is lucky....to get hundreds ain't lucky. When those captive hares are released in the 'park' i dare say that getting photos like that are not too difficult. Then there's the Waterloo Cup, again, if the photographer is in the correct position then shots shouldn't be too difficult.....BUT put those photographers on a 3000 acre Fen with one dog on one hare and see what they come home with. To get many good coursing action photos you need to become obsessed, as there just isn't any other way IMO.That's my take on things....... :victory: :victory:

and at the end of the seaon realised back into the wild

Y.I.S Leeview

Were you their when the hares were released back into the wild?

• Like 2

potd-hare_3151406k_zpsdd4d3e9e.jpg

Cracking picture Joe,it will possibly cause a few mixed emotions,a park hare that gets to run again,which is never a bad thing,yet a feeling of how false and pointless it seems.Does it distract from the image it portrays?,id rather see the hare run again,yet there is nothing more rewarding than the retrieve of the most gallant,fleet and testing of fair ran quarry,still a fantastic shot that may not need the intervention of hunting emotion.

• Like 2