Leather Net Bags

I was watching a video on you tube with simon white head ferreting. Anyway he had what looked to be ,two really handy leather net bags. They were basically strapped to him ,and thought they look really handy. Any one know were you can get one or is it a custom made item altb.

If you look closely you'll see there not just the usual "window cleaner" pouches on a belt....

What the lads are wearing are specially made harness, they comprise of a cleverly designed leather belt that has a yoke / braces permanently attached...there is a detachable canvas pouch on each side that is capable of holding 30+ purse nets. There are also matching locator / knife pouches added to the rig....

They are a good idea and torchies system is the best I've seen to date.

Thanks for your reply heritage, I must admit it does look bloody handy.

Today I took my three year old son out for his first ferreting trip only a couple of hours.And was carrying him , a box full of ferrets.A net bag which kept slipping to the front, and thought to my self at the time ,whilst going through stingers in a apple orchard. One of those would be bloody handy lol do you know any one heritage who makes them altb David jones

There usefull when laying purse nets,....

The thing is your not carrying an oversized bag around all day, plus your not having to fill your jacket pockets, lay nets then constantly go back into your bag for more....by doing this you are literally going back and forth over the bury your about to work and that much disturbance isn't good.....

You will also notice the position of the pouches, there further back than you'd expect but this is deliberate, it allows you to get flat to the floor whilst reaching for a ferret without having bulky / restrictive pouches beneath you.

Mine was made by a master saddler and did work out expencive, you can source reasonably priced materials yourself & attempt a diy version or you could contact torchie directly & have him make one for you.....

I belive he does 2,

An expensive leather one & a cheaper nylon version.

You will see both torchie & Shaun wearing there's in Simons next film.

I totally agree with what your saying heritage about walking back and forth to the bags and so forth,over the berry your working on defiantly less disturbance to a degree.I dont think i would be any good at making a good job of somthing like this.I think i would be better off and leaving it to some one who knows there stuff on something like this. Can i be cheeky and ask if torchie is on the THL or could i send you pm for a phone number to contact him altb David j

I totally agree with what your saying heritage about walking back and forth to the bags and so forth,over the berry your working on defiantly less disturbance to a degree.I dont think i would be any good at making a good job of somthing like this.I think i would be better off and leaving it to some one who knows there stuff on something like this. Can i be cheeky and ask if torchie is on the THL or could i send you pm for a phone number to contact him altb David j

Why walk back and forward over a bury,,getting nets from a bag,,,??

Why not just carry the bag from hole to hole,,,,simples..

Good them pouches,,jim was saying they use window cleaner pouches,,,have a look on eBay there's some on there

• Like 1

That "back and forth over a bury" may have been took a little out of context,.... I just meant it saves you having to return to a bag for more nets.

I hate taking a bag hole to hole....its arkward & cumbersome for me.

If you look at the posts from jim & the others who prefer "pouches" you'll notice one common detail is the ground there on. I think it can be much easier to carry pouches when trudging across the dales and other such places.

I use a Jack Pyke handlers vest,can get 20+nets in each pocket,used it for the last 3 seasons its cracking ,think it was about £40,its well made and takes plenty of hammer,still looks well and we don't have nice open buries like the Yorkshire lads :whistling: its all blackthorn,brambles etc on hands and knees :gunsmilie::D

• Like 1

I use a Jack Pyke handlers vest,can get 20+nets in each pocket,used it for the last 3 seasons its cracking ,think it was about £40,its well made and takes plenty of hammer,still looks well and we don't have nice open buries like the Yorkshire lads :whistling: its all blackthorn,brambles etc on hands and knees :gunsmilie::D

Northern Lad i have one, but hardly used it, its as stiff as a board, does a wash soften it a bit, or do you just have to give it plenty wear?

Looking at that bit of film,,,them pouches hold a lot of nets,,,they look to be hanging low on your body right down to there knees,,,that would annoy me,,,

I will stick to the bag,,,carrying it from hole to hole,,,and when it's not needed can be chucked on the ground

• Like 2