Browning Buckmark V Ruger 10/22 ?

Thats a thought, what are the groups like with a semi auto past say 50 yards

With a 10/22 it depends on after market barrel etc. + how much you want to spend. The pic compares my bolt action Anshutz and my factory 10/22. Other pic is the Anshutz at 100 yards but it can do better than that.

post-94065-0-24365200-1418339677_thumb.jpgpost-94065-0-30953700-1418339953_thumb.jpg

I went to the gunshop earlier to have a airleak sorted on a pcp and came out with a ruger 10/22 target heavy barrel, I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Your choice and you get what you want, but the obvious question is........

Why?

What do you want it for?

Impulse buys are seldom a good thing!

10/22 target heavy barrel...sounds like it doesn't know what it wants to be...there are far better target guns and far better rabbit guns!

ATB! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I went to the gunshop earlier to have a airleak sorted on a pcp and came out with a ruger 10/22 target heavy barrel, I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Your choice and you get what you want, but the obvious question is........

Why?

What do you want it for?

Impulse buys are seldom a good thing!

10/22 target heavy barrel...sounds like it doesn't know what it wants to be...there are far better target guns and far better rabbit guns!

ATB! :thumbs:

Deker you question my reasons for buying the 10/22 but earlier in the thread you admit to buying a magtech a copy of a mossberg plinkster?????

I think you have missed my point!

I'm not questioning you buying a 10/22, I questioned why you bought a...

"10/22 target heavy barrel... sounds like it doesn't know what it wants to be...there are far better target guns and far better rabbit guns!"

For clarification, I have used one of these and it is ok as a target gun, but it will never touch a target rifle, and that barrel is a monster, who wants to carry that around the field, any fractional improvement in accuracy is pointless in the field, and probably more than offset by your fatigue, having carried around that lump!

That was my reasoning, you will recall I also said........"Your choice and you get what you want"

What's wrong with buying a Magtech over a Mossberg and saving over £100 for the same gun! :hmm: Nothing wrong with a 7022, (well..the trigger could be better) but it is a good, practical, cheap, reliable, light, surprisingly accurate, workhorse, field .22 semi, usable straight out of the box, it doesn't pretend to be anything else!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I'd just say enjoy the Christmas present!

I doubt an 1/8th of an inch at 100 yds between X and Y semi-autos is going to make much difference.

It's a decent choice for a semi. Just get out there and start enjoying it!