Ferret Carrying Bags ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to use money bags from the bank many many years ago but you always had to carry a spare as they would eventually scrape their way out. Then I started work in a furniture factory and I had one m

Years ago that's all everybody used bank bags for the ferrets and never heard of any getting squashed lol boxes are good but can be a pain ferrets scrapping at them when your doing a burrows use them

So by that statment your saying, that people who use bags do not care for their ferrets welfare?   A bit off the mark I would say.   TC

Years ago that's all everybody used bank bags for the ferrets and never heard of any getting squashed lol boxes are good but can be a pain ferrets scrapping at them when your doing a burrows use them myself but do not see the harm in using bank bags or pillow cases

• Like 4

I was thinking along the same lines as you Kev, I got a hiking rucksack given to me yesterday, and thought about making a small ply box that fits into the bottom of it with a front opening door of some sort .

That's exactly what vin had made...

Like everyone else used money bags and pillow cases ,,for years,,never fell over and squashed one....

Here's a tip,,,mind I do this even when there going in the box,,,wake them up 10 mins befor you bag or box them,,,so they have gone toilet,,,

Rew off this site has a bucket that has lid,,,it's a big protein powder tub,,,bit like one of them 10 litre paint pots,,,,that fits in the bottom of his rucksack ,,,and cost feck all,,load of air holes bobs your uncle

• Like 1

I actually care about my ferrets welfare so I use a box. :D

Never liked bags

I would normally use a box and yes I care about my ferrets . I've owned and worked ferrets & lurchers for over 30+ years but times change and I need to use a bag on certain bits of land if you know what I mean

What northenlite said. Pillow case tied about half way up with string,,,then in you pocket,,,,ferrets that travel like this regular soon learn to curl up and go to sleep

Plus the added bonus that they would warm your hands on a cold day. :yes:

TC

• Like 1

I just remembered I have some furniture leather that I kept from an old three piece that we were throwing out if I can find someone to stitch it for me I might make a couple up. It will be something to do over the winter nights, put in some falconry eyelets as breathing holes and for the draw string at the top, and it should work out nice.

TC