fen hares

Guest nitedog

Guest nitedog
ive run hares all over the country and killed alot the best hares ive ran are without a doubt fen the only place that comes close to them are salisbury plains this thread is a joke get off your computers and run fen hares then come back share your thoughts with us all

what dogs do you run on the fens??? and what are you selling a good ferreting dog and wanting one again three mounth after sound like a bit ov a part timer to me or a dog pedler :hmm:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not selling one it was a mates dog for sale and it is another mate who comes on as me because he is not a member that is looking for one. part timer ha pm me when ever you want to have a look out in the lamp as i have not got nothing of standard to kill hares daylight ive only lamped for the last couple of seasons but when i was daylight coursing i was running bob davis and kipper cruise bred stuff mostly you talk aload of shit you are the most silly talking man ive heard but never mind just pm if you want a look out

Just a thought on these old fen hares: Where I ferret these days there are plenty of hares, and I would wager a grand on no dog being able to catch 3 out of 3. Unfortunately this will never come to pass as the land is near a town, with public footpaths and keepers everywhere :( .

The reason these hares are so hard to catch is that the fields are surrounded by thick hedges which the hares run straight to and weave in and out of them, there are plots of pheasant cover everywhere too.

Even when I had some really good hare dogs running up there who knew the land like the back of their paws I was lucky to get 1, possibly 2 out of 3 as a hare can go where a dog can't, and these hedge bottoms were full of runs which the hares used all the time, even though the fields were big and lovely to run on.

Don't forget that the hare was originally a woodland creature: it's second nature to them to dive into cover and use that cover just like a rabbit.

I've just been thinking about this as I've just come back from a little walk and my little rabbiting dog put one up whilst I was checking some holes prior to ferreting them tomorrow: this hare ran straight through one hedge across a field and into the big hedge that borders my land: it's full of brambles and wide enough to hide a car in!!

Guest nitedog
alright nitedog :thumbs: ...what breed do you run on the fe3ns mate and how are they bred ........

all the best snoop ... :D

the daytime dog iv got now is only two so its not been on the fens yet they are line bred merlin xeve out me mates dads good frend bruce woodcocks dogs R.I.P weve had this line ov dogs ten years and theve always been spot on for day time snoop :thumbs:

Guest markbrick1
sorry ox was that meant for me as you didn't put it in red LOL.

Come on ox tell us all about your self and what day time coursing you've done? what dogs you've had for it and their breeding? and where you ran before the ban?

i mean your always asking every one else . let see if you no anything about running in the day as this threads not about lamping or did you get lost and end up on this thread?

Ok mush I will answer if your prepared to answer the same questions :thumbs: I would love to know a bit more about you :yes:

bloody hell joe,you want to know about mush,you want to know how old iam,what the bloody hell are you some type of copper,also are you one of the mega game catchers of hunters united :haha: mark

alright nitedog :thumbs: ...what breed do you run on the fe3ns mate and how are they bred ........

the daytime dog iv got now is only two so its not been on the fens yet they are line bred merlin xeve out me mates dads good frend bruce woodcocks dogs R.I.P weve had this line ov dogs ten years and theve always been spot on for day time snoop :thumbs:

Bruce bred some OUTSTANDING stuff :thumbs: Wilkie is one that springs to mind :clapper: ALWAYS had a good dog about him 8) Got a tape of his dog "Max" winning the Calender cup single handed comp.the forerunner to the Forley :toast:

Edited by miles

Bruce bred some OUTSTANDING stuff :thumbs: Wilkie is one that springs to mind :clapper: ALWAYS had a good dog about him 8) Got a tape of his dog "Max" winning the Calender cup single handed comp.the forerunner to the Forley :toast:

who ended up with wilkie miles was it juddy ..????
Guest SKINNER

bloody hell joe,you want to know about mush,you want to know how old iam,what the bloody hell are you some type of copper,also are you one of the mega game catchers of hunters united :haha: mark

LOL MARK PRICK YOU CANT SAY NOTHING WORTHWHILE SO YOU START TALKING SHITE, STICK TO RIDING YOUR BIKE AND FALLING OFF :feck:

ive run hares all over the country and killed alot the best hares ive ran are without a doubt fen the only place that comes close to them are salisbury plains this thread is a joke get off your computers and run fen hares then come back share your thoughts with us all

I found it the other way round leec & inan, out of the few dogs that ive seen ran in both places the fen dogs had the harder time running S P or the fields around there, I'm not saying they didn't do a good job just found it harder. The fens are a lot better to watch a dog run as the hares are not over the hill and out of sight and you can get better runs.

by the way a lot of the dogs ran on S P that seen were bred from fen dogs or had a bit in them.

You herd about Knightellington Esmail running on S P Mush? Supposed to have done some damage on there? :thumbs:

(but not as much as the army before someone says it! :D )

sorry ox was that meant for me as you didn't put it in red LOL.

Come on ox tell us all about your self and what day time coursing you've done? what dogs you've had for it and their breeding? and where you ran before the ban?

i mean your always asking every one else . let see if you no anything about running in the day as this threads not about lamping or did you get lost and end up on this thread?

Ok mush I will answer if your prepared to answer the same questions :thumbs: I would love to know a bit more about you :yes:

Mark do you ever read what your writing? I know people can say some stupid things without thinking! but your writing things down :doh:

Ive a tape somewhere of Bruce running a three way match with Jimmy Ford and Daz,never met him but he came across as a nice man ,if memory serves he won the match.Inan.