fen hares

Guest nitedog

Your pretty lucky to get a 7/8 grey 1/8 collie that has speed in the same quantity as stamina, I tried the 3/4 grey 1/4 collie cross and may have just been unlucky, but the pup I kept had no stamina at all and fell to bits after a couple of courses :(

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nitedog
6 hares :haha: not very sporting running milky does in stubble :no: ...........

How can you get milky does in stubble :doh: stubble is from August onwards and does are milky aip/may.

Where have you been for the last 10 - 20 years? There are leverets around even now: its called global warming. I reckon the only time you are unlikely to find milky does now is from late Novemeber to late January: that's been my experience anyway these last 10 years or so.

so you run y dogs two month a year :hmm: part timer :yes:

I dont know you Nite dog ,but I do know Skycat ,and that is one person who has a wealth of experience of coursing hares pre-ban,and Im talking about coursing with proper law given to the quarry ,80 to a 100 yds,running very ,very good dogs ,in coursing competitions against equally very good dogs,there are many people who would like to have had the success ,[and the trophies]Sky cat has won coursing over the years.Skycat is as near to a fulltime hunter as you will find.I said I dont know you Nite dog ,but I know this,you come across as a gobby know-all,who is blowing their own trumpet.Maybe Ive got you wrong,I hope so ,but Im not holding my breath waiting to find out. Inan.

is it not right what im saying s c says he dosent run milky does so he runs from end ov nov to end ov jan hes into hare law so he will not go lamping so what does he hunt full time?????? :hmm:

Miles, was the kc Saluki from the Tepe Gawra lines ?

Cheers.

No,Hanson,s Cruise of Shilden out of Kizzy and Pharo.........hopefully getting a dog from the tepe gawra line to an american import if the tie has been successful :)

weg what type of lurchers do you run?

suluki cross and collie cross

I know there not allowed to do it now :whistling: but have they ran on the fens?

yes mate but not week in week out only now and then and they are good strong hares

Miles, was the kc Saluki from the Tepe Gawra lines ?

Cheers.

No,Hanson,s Cruise of Shilden out of Kizzy and Pharo.........hopefully getting a dog from the tepe gawra line to an american import if the tie has been successful :)

Ruweis Salukis have a litter of nice looking pups, I'm sure are from the Tepe line. Working bred.

Guest markbrick1

same shit differant day i must of had shit lurchers for over 40 yrs as some of you men have super dogs not lurchers 6 out of 6 regular hares??????????????? f**k of and wake hope oh and most of you are what 15???????/ mark

same shit differant day i must of had shit lurchers for over 40 yrs as some of you men have super dogs not lurchers 6 out of 6 regular hares??????????????? f**k of and wake hope oh and most of you are what 15???????/ mark

Your post is excellent input to the topic markbrick1 :thumbs: please write another!