Sps Catapult ;)

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Ive finally discovered a lad on facebook who has offerd to make an sps catapult for me will have slots for looped tubes and will also take flat bands , he is also adding a message to the catapult in the memory of a mate of mine that recently passed away ;) and at the price of £18 posted all's good !

Edited by OutdoorFanatic
  • Like 1

I've made a sps from multiplex with quick change slits, and if honest mate, cutting slits in the forks seriously weakens them, to the point that I snapped the fork off the one I made with my fingers. The forks are only about 20mm wide, you then have to drill a 7mm hole through the center of this to allow for tubes, then cut a slit all the way to the 7mm hole from the edge of the fork. This means that the top of the forks are only relying on a piece of multiplex around 5mm wide to keep them connected to the catty. This is why a metal core is used. I also made one from oak and walnut and the same thing happened. My advise would be wear suitable safety glasses when you shoot it!!. I'll go and dig out the sps I made from hardwood and put some pics up,your be able to see what I mean then.

Here you go mate,

As you can see, once you've drilled hole and cut slit there's not a lot of "meat" left to the fork, 87DEB6C0-7361-4C51-A684-B0D415E9F8F4.jpg AEDD3C95-5FFE-4D36-BA20-BAE48F9162B3.jpg

And this is what happend, didn't even band it up cos I knew I'd lose an eye...... F78558A1-877E-4609-ABD8-93D7986482F2.jpg

Here you go mate,

As you can see, once you've drilled hole and cut slit there's not a lot of "meat" left to the fork, 87DEB6C0-7361-4C51-A684-B0D415E9F8F4.jpg AEDD3C95-5FFE-4D36-BA20-BAE48F9162B3.jpg

And this is what happend, didn't even band it up cos I knew I'd lose an eye...... F78558A1-877E-4609-ABD8-93D7986482F2.jpg

And although multiplex is much stronger that hardwood, it's not when your pulling a strong set of tubes against a piece that's approx 5mm thick

Edited by Longers7