About £600 new! Though we got ours second hand for half the price: almost new but the person who'd bought it left his dog in it to go mental and the inside was covered with sh*t! Ugh! took me ages to get it smell free and clean.

Bloody hell Moll: wish I could fit in my box like that, though if it wasn't tucked away under the tele I could just take the top off and sit in it!

I could feel the tingles

Sounds good but wouldnt a vibrator be cheaper? :laugh: Do youse reckon it works then? Ive never met anyone who rubs their dogs down, puts them in a mag box or washes their feet after lamping. Were a bunch of nasty b*****ds up here though :laugh: We just chuck em back in the kennel wet with an ungutted rabbit if they have run well, and with a kick as they go into their kennel if they have ran bad :laugh::laugh:

Kidding :laugh::laugh:

I ALWAYS RUB THEM DOWN WITH CURACO AND THE GIVE THEM 10ml OF DUPHALYTE ELECTROLITES

WITH A SPOON OF HONEY, YOU ONLY GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN TO THESE ATHLETES, FEED THEIR MUSCLES WITH THE RIGHT STUFF AND YOU WILL REAP THE BENEFITS

Porta-Mag Magnetic Field Therapy UnitPorta-Mag Magnetic Field Therapy Unit. Conditions for Performance for Work & Show-Ring. Reduces Stress & Promotes Relaxation. Treats Injuries & Ailments. Reduces & Relieves Pain & Discomfort Associated with: Inflammation, Arthritis, Rheumatism, Sprains, Strains & Fractures. HELPS NERVOUS DOGS SPARKLE & RELAXES EXCITABLE DOGS.

Magnetic Field Therapy has been used in both the animal and human medical fields for a considerable period of time with notable decreases being seen in the healing times of injuries. It has been known for Centuries that the Earth's Magnetic Field has a significant effect and influence on organisms. By inducing an electromagnetic field, pulsed at frequencies that are harmonious with the frequency of the body, many of the natural healing capabilities can be increased, thereby significantly reducing recovery time. However it is NOT ONLY used to treat injuries and ailments, but also to ‘condition' dogs for increased performance coupled with balance in both mind and body. When an animal is in the Porta-Mag unit, the magnetic field promotes an extra supply of blood to the vessels enabling more protein to be carried to repair and rebuild muscles and tissue. The toxins and waste products that are created are also more readily ‘removed' from the system. Essentially we are harnessing the natural healing effects and benefits of the magnetic field and coupling it with modern day technology for the benefit of animals and dogs in particular.

£475.00

http://www.bossproducts.co.uk/detail.asp?id=1499

I always make sure that the dogs get a good cool down walk and rub down after any outing. I always check there feet and give them the once over too. How many of you warm your dogs up before working them? Massage and warm up exercises before any form of activity are great for the dogs to reduce risk of injury. I always warm them up and keep a coat on them to before any work or play. Warm up massage and excercises shoud be done at least 20 mins before any strenuous activity to get any benefit from it.

Those mag boxes are great, i know a few greyhound trainers who use them for another purpose, they're great for slowing a dog down on trials day :whistling:

Edited by Clip
  • 3 weeks later...
I always think,you get out what you put in.I always check my dogs over when they get back in after a night on the lamp.Wash the feet in some tepid water,a good towel down if its been wet,and some warm milk 50/50 with water,to which i add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar,and a tablespoon of honey.I ususally feed my dogs about 11pm,if they have a night out planned i will feed them a half measure about 5/6pm,and another half measure next morning.My old man always did this ,and it seemed to work,so why change? :thumbs:

Why the cider vinegar mate? :icon_redface:

T