Couple Of Woodies.........

Haven't managed to get out with the catty for around 3 weeks due to various life issues, but managed to squeeze an hour in yesterday evening after my lesson on hawking with my mate.

I actually dropped 4 pigeons but couldn't retrieve one due to nettles being about 5 ft high, and the other fell into the river unfortunately, 2 were shot with m...8 hex nuts and the other 2 with 10 mm lead and looped 1745's on the sps. All heart and lung shots, the one on the lefts crop was packed full of clover and berries , never seen quite some much in the crop of a pigeon DED53A60-FF97-436E-BF77-30E0B163B2CB.jpg

• Like 4

Nice shooting bud. How did the hawking go? Out in a minute myself try and get the first kill with her

yeah it's going well mate, it's a new young female Harris that my mate has got this season, so it's been good to see the whole manning process and training etc from a wild as stink bird, got her flying 50 yards on the creanse now and taking the lure...... Hope to have her free flying next week. Think I'm gunna go for a male Harris as I've got more feather than fur to go at, plus be good to work a male alongside my mates female.... I've been reading your thread on your bird, being a pain in the ass but she'll come good once you get it entered :-)

Nice shooting bud. How did the hawking go? Out in a minute myself try and get the first kill with her

yeah it's going well mate, it's a new young female Harris that my mate has got this season, so it's been good to see the whole manning process and training etc from a wild as stink bird, got her flying 50 yards on the creanse now and taking the lure...... Hope to have her free flying next week. Think I'm gunna go for a male Harris as I've got more feather than fur to go at, plus be good to work a male alongside my mates female.... I've been reading your thread on your bird, being a pain in the ass but she'll come good once you get it entered :-)

Loved my male but he always struggled pinning pheasant, was killer lamping other types of feather though. everybody keeps pointing out how small my female is but tbh I'm glad she is now because she goes like stink. Close to a grey today so hoping for a rabbit tommorow. See what happens.

• Like 1