Ferret Court Progress.......

Managed to get home from work at around 3 this afternoon with a van full of free timber and materials from work, decided to make a start on my ferret court, spent around 3 hours on it today, hoping to get it finished tomorow, it's 4ft by 10ft. a few progress pics. 123ED28A-2E88-429B-B1F7-3E5ED15F99FB.jpg 446ADB56-A4FC-44B3-8249-055C8DC26230.jpg 7D91C6D6-D3E0-4356-BB06-E5C16B6CE95C.jpg 744818F2-17F3-4DF8-A76E-C443208F0510.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good....

What sort of timber are you using for the sides? Will it be waterproof or are you going to apply some sort of sealant? I ask as I'm about to make a new accommodation block myself and was thinking of using osb coated with some sort of sealant.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the cladding is t&g larch, it will be having an 18mm ply roof with a trocol finish, which is a rubber membrane that's glued to the ply, I'll be putting in mesh panels and making the door from t&g cladding in the morning, so hopefully will have it finished by the afternoon. I'm also getting some corrugated tubing that I'm going to attach to the walls for them to run through as well.

Get plenty of timber treatment on the floor mate it soon rots with winter coming fast aswel but it's looking to be a belter

yeah was going to give the whole thing a few coats of preservative/stain mate, the floor is marine ply but will still coat it up, was thinking about using trocol on the floor as well, but not to sure yet.

That's looking good Harry

Make sure you stick some more progress photos

Up as you go ..

That first bit of land I looked at the other day was crap there are rabbits there but very hard to work with ferrets but she did pass me on to her mate on a farm around the corner but as yet I've not had the time to go look at it but if it's any good we will hit it as soon as all the green dies back and we can see the hole..