Faith, God, Religion, Spirituality?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping it on topic then, The first Biblical reference to hunting is Nimrod, who it says made himself a mighty hunter in opposition to God, so its nice to know that hunters nowadays can hunt and still appreciate spiritual things, as the first hunters dont appear to have been able to do this. I would imagine it was because up until the flood, animals were not eaten for food, and it was only after the flood when God made the covenant with Noah that it was allowed, into mans hands the animals were given, and a fear of man was put on them, and everything was to serve as food for humans. Perhaps the sudden transition from animals being peacable and not eaten, to being fearful and able to be hunted, led to a bit of bloodthirst for some and its taken all these thousands of years to calm that raging storm? :D We should be priveliged to still have the fire burning in us, because for a lot of people its well and truly dead or non existant and they are happy with the plastic pre-packed crap from Tescos as Molly quite rightly says :clapper:

I think the reference to Nimrod and also the mjority opinion of biblical scholars about Nimrod being a mighty hunter wasn t in reference to him hunting beasts,it was the souls of men Nimrod hunted hence his connection with the tower of Babel and the leading away of peoples from the worshipping of the true God to worshipping the works of their own hands."Let US make a name for OURSELVES",was the crime, not hunting.

Just because there is no biblical record of animals being hunted prior to the flood doesn t mean it didn t happen.There can however be an argument made for nothing being killed before sin entered,as there was no death before sin.

One thing i don t personnally like is catching mackeral ,maybe 5 at a time and letting them die by suuffocation as is seen on harbours and commercial fishing boats,i like to hit them and end it quick however when the disciples caught the vast amounts of fish they caught where their nets where said to be breaking i don t think they where too concerned with quickly ending it for all of em ASAP :D while i think we have a moral duty to kill ASAP we live and have grown up in a culture where animals are regarded as nearly above humans,largely down to the influence of the eastern religions and philosophies,and we have to put things in perspective in regards to these things ,OMO :thumbs:

Some very intersting reading their, especially the last 2 posts. :thumbs:

It always intrigues me when people find God..Well if he was hiding how do you know he wasnt hiding from you and didnt want to be found

Just a thought :hmm:

Guys...lets look at this from a different angle........

IF there was a god...why would he let us destroy this beautiful and unique planet of ours like we are doing?

Why has he let so many animals/birds and plants become extinct because of man and why has he not stopped the deadliest plague (mankind) on earth from spreading to exploit everything and everywhere......

:hmm:

Religeon is the greatest, most widespread, form of control.

But hey, wait a minute....what if "god" in his variety of forms created "Religion" to try and get rapidly increasing mankind to wipe each other out???.......now ..theres a thought.... :hmm:

Maybe its easier to blame God, religion or what ever because men/human race have not the guts to take a good hard look at their own ugliness?..........

All the evil deeds that you speak of..............committed by the hands of men :yes:

Just thought I would add this as it says a great deal about humanity........as I was driving through London on Friday I saw someone laying dead on the pavement, I am certain they were dead as even in the worst state possible no one would lay in this position.

And the great and good of this world?..............just stepping over the body................dont tell me God made them do that, we, Humans, manage shite like that all by ourself :thumbs:

Edited by WILF
The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you,

Not in a mansion of wood and stone.

Split a piece of wood and God is there,

Lift a stone and you will find God

Sums it up for me!

one of the lost gospels???

It's taken from the film 'Stigmata' (excellent film) which itself took it, in part, from the Gospel of St Thomas. Verse 77 says "Cleave a piece of wood: I am there. Raise up the stone, and ye shall find me there". The rest is, I think, made up for the film. However, it does represent perfectly my views on what God and religion are all about!

As for spirualism, that's a different thing entirely!

I'm not sure what I believe, I belive there is more to life than that which we can see, touch, smell or hear.

On the subject of hunting, and I have thought about it, If you are a Christian, them the bible states that God created man, and gave him all of the other creatures to do with what he wills.

If you believe in evoultion, then nature has given us the means to be able to domesticate animals to assist us in the hunt, and the means to create weapons to hunt. This is down to the inteligence that we have evolved. (or was given, depends on what you believe!)

Like I said, I don't know what I believe, but either way, people have been hunting animals for thousands of years, and i personally think it's important to keep doing it. It seems these days, if you take a pleasure in doing something, then it must be wrong.

Edited by maltenby
Everyone is entitled to their view on whether they believe or not, however, to openly attack, and abuse another mans religion goes too far for me. Please keep it civil, and remember you could be typing the worst insults imaginable to some of us. My Christian faith guides my entire life, whether people agree with it or not, please have a little restraint.

BOTH MY GRANDPARENTS DIED OF CANCER,MY GREAT UNCLE WHO WAS ON D-DAY HAD ELSIMEZER'S,MY AUNTIE DIED AT 40,BOTH MY PARENTS HAVE HAD NERVOUS BREAK DOWNS THROUGH WORKING TO PAY OFF THEIR MORGAGE,MY BEST M.8 WAS KILLED AGED 29,AND COLIN MCRAE TRAGICALLY TAKEN LAST MONTH...I HAVE SERIOUS DOUGHTS ABOUT GOD..........

IF THERE IS ONE,HE MUST BE A HORRIBLE C.UNT

IAM NOT GOING OUT OF MY WAY TO OFFEND ANYONE BUT YOU MUST SEE MY POINT...IT SEEMS VERY CRUEL. AGAINST THIS YOU HAVE NONCES,RAPESTS,GRANNY BASHERS,AND OTHER ASSORTED C.UNT'S ON THE LOOSE....AND THEY SEEM TO GO UN SCATHED AND HAVE NOTHING HAPPEN TO THEM...ALLWAYS SEEMS LIKE THE GOOD HARD WORKING GENUINE PEOPLE WHO COP IT DOES'NT IT.

Edited by millie