Lead Ammo Is Devastating!

Was kindly gifted a lead ball maker from Scott (Saluki bulls) on here, so made a few up during the week, my mate rang me earlier to see if I fancied a walk around his permission so thought I'd take a few of the lead balls and the catty with me, spotted a woody in a tree around 15m away, so pulled the catty out, my mate laughed and asked what I was going to do with that "toy"..... Next thing the woody was at his feet stone dead! Lol.....

I let him have a go on the "toy"and to be honest he was........ Shite!

So on we went, next up a young woodie sat on a gate.... Mate gave it the " you won't be so lucky this time" pop woodie no2 in the bag ;-).....

On the way back to the car, my mate pointed another woodie out to me that was way up in an ash tree..... Took a verticle shot at it and the lead hit it in the crop and passed straight through it!! Couldn't believe the damage the lead had left on it! So thanks very much to Scott for the mould, top man!!! And my mate now wants me to make him a catty :-/ lol ...B0195760-6EEC-4242-9774-EF46923A1DEA.jpg

Trauma that lead causes.....

C319F6F0-E1CF-4333-970D-B73E3A27EB2E.jpg

• Like 5

Good to see you doing well with your sps Harry

I think the set up you have now is the perfect combination. Sps,looped tubes,super sure pouch,10mm lead.

12mm lead needs heavier bands to get its full potential. Keep it up mate...

Edited by saluki bulls
  • Like 1

Good to see you doing well with your sps HarryI think the set up you have now is the perfect combination. Sps,looped tubes,super sure pouch,10mm lead.12mm lead needs heavier bands to get its full potential. Keep it up mate...

nice one buddy, yeah I agree with you, I'm loving this setup at the mo, tubes last sooooo much more longer than Theraband, I can't never be bothered to make TBG band sets up no more, so it suits me down to the ground, I'll get them tube sets made up for you this week mate,

good shooting longers nice corn fed pigeons are you eating them or are the stinkers getting them atb aidy

was going to feed them to the stinkers, but found some nice early field mushrooms whilst out on a walk this morning, so may combine the two in a pie ;-)
  • Like 1