Whippets & small lurchers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned a 20" lurcher that would smash any fox...it's not size that's the issue when you get to those sorts of heights. It's build, ability, desire and balls

Well said :good: It's not the dog in the fight,it's the fight in the dog.

I owned a 20" lurcher that would smash any fox...it's not size that's the issue when you get to those sorts of heights. It's build, ability, desire and balls

terries have fox so why do people think a beddy x will not

I was talking to one of my mates who has a greyhound bitch in pup to a coursing whippet and we were wondering if the smaller rabbiting lurchers ' whippets' and whippet crosses will become more popular and if people will turn to the smaller rabbiting dogs more to stay the right side of the shit law :angry: .

Nobby.

small lurchers unfortunately seem to be out of fashion at the moment which is a shame because you can have alot of fun working small lurchers,i own a collie cross and she stands at 20.5 at the shoulder and she catches plenty of rabbit and hare.a lot of lads these days seem to be into deer and fox,and overlook the smaller nimbler type of lurcher,favouring the large powerful types.if your into ferreting and lamping rabbit i think the smaller type of lurcher has the advantage over the larger type. regards collie john.

what type of small lurcher is you collie cross :good:

she is a typp ratcher bred three quarter fell collie a quarter greyhound.regards collie john.

Why on earth do people think a Beddy X will not take fox ???? I know of Beddy X's that are complete allrounders, my own pup, which is out of a Beddy/Grey sire is mad for foxes. Surely it's what a dog was brought up to hunt that counts. She hasn't killed a fox yet, but flushes, chases and puts them to ground, time will tell, but I bet she will take them.

Cheers.

Why on earth do people think a Beddy X will not take fox ???? I know of Beddy X's that are complete allrounders, my own pup, which is out of a Beddy/Grey sire is mad for foxes. Surely it's what a dog was brought up to hunt that counts. She hasn't killed a fox yet, but flushes, chases and puts them to ground, time will tell, but I bet she will take them.

Cheers.

why do people got bull x for the ode fox and use then mainly on rabbits ;)

Cheers.

Think you may be lighting the touch paper there ;)

Guest grubygrafter

Cheers.

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/5370/img10660xs.jpg

whippet cross beddy's in general are to light to cope with foxes humanely. and are more suited to rabbit work . to take fox regularly and humanely you would need a dog with more substance.

img10660xs.jpg

whippetx 23 inch with substance.

Cheers.

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/5370/img10660xs.jpg

whippet cross beddy's in general are to light to cope with foxes humanely. and are more suited to rabbit work . to take fox regularly and humanely you would need a dog with more substance.

img10660xs.jpg

whippetx 23 inch with substance.

that is a nice looking dog :good:

some people say that a bull x is a good all rounder but i think a collie x is more of

a all rounder

best of luck pal, i said the same thing last week, and the bull cross lads on this site took offence, but i agree with you.regards collie john.

Guest mucker
The post immediatly above yours mate.

Cheers.

but hes not saying they wont :yes: and i totaly agree with him and stabs.

im refering to post like "i dont know why folk think beddy x,s wont take fox"...

no body could say that they,d be an idiot :good:

I was talking to one of my mates who has a greyhound bitch in pup to a coursing whippet and we were wondering if the smaller rabbiting lurchers ' whippets' and whippet crosses will become more popular and if people will turn to the smaller rabbiting dogs more to stay the right side of the shit law :angry: .

Nobby.

SMALL LURCHERS WILL BE NO GOOD FOR BIG STUFF

Nobby.

small lurchers unfortunately seem to be out of fashion at the moment which is a shame because you can have alot of fun working small lurchers,i own a collie cross and she stands at 20.5 at the shoulder and she catches plenty of rabbit and hare.a lot of lads these days seem to be into deer and fox,and overlook the smaller nimbler type of lurcher,favouring the large powerful types.if your into ferreting and lamping rabbit i think the smaller type of lurcher has the advantage over the larger type. regards collie john.

AL RIGHT MATE I HAVE A COLLIEGREYHOUNDXBULLGREYHOUND 25.5 INCHES TO THE SHOULDERS AND IT HAS NO PROMBLEMS GETTING BIG STUFF BUT IT DEPPENDS WAT PEOPLE LIKE P.S A THINK A GOOD BIG DOG IS BETTER THAN A SMALL GOOD DOG